Johnson Service Group is looking for QA Test Engineers to work on-site with our client in Alameda, CA. In this position, you will test applications and work collaboratively with the development team to ensure the delivery of quality products in an efficient, timely manner. The successful candidate will work within the client’s high-performance development team that is developing world-class products in patient healthcare.
Job Description for manual tester:
- 5+ years’ experience in system and integration testing on complex systems.
- Expertise in test cases and test data design.
- Ability to make basic (Microsoft) SQL queries to verify that data has reached the database or to inject data into database for testing. Use of Microsoft SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio) to access and query the database.
- Ability to use Postman and Swagger for API testing.
- Experience testing mobile apps with an understanding of how mobile apps work, e.g., difference between foreground and background states of a mobile app, configuring phone settings to simulate failure conditions such as loss of internet connection, etc.
- Experience with JSON files with the ability to interpret the data in the file.
- Experience testing with software debug log files, e.g., experience understanding an application’s debug log files to interpret errors.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of any defect tracking tool. JIRA experience is preferred.
- Good analytical skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Required for Automation engineer:
- A minimum of 5 years’ of diverse experience designing, developing, and implementing Test Automation solutions across a variety of platforms and applications (API, Mobile and Web).
- Experience using tools, frameworks and languages like Java, Jenkins, GIT, SQL, Azure Cloud etc.
- A strong passion for quality, high level of attention to detail, and the proven ability to solve complex technical challenges
- Experience and proven track record of applying quality engineering techniques to improve the quality of systems and delivery
- Experience with configuring build tools, CI/CD pipeline is a plus.
Hourly Rate is $55-60 per hour W2 ** Johnson Service Group (JSG) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. JSG provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.