- Amazon Web Services
- Asset Management
- C +
- C + +
- Computer Science
- Fixed Income
- Front Office
Team is looking for an accomplished Senior Software Engineer in building a suite of next-generation n-tier, native cloud-based applications. In this role, you will be part of the Fixed Income Front Office software engineering team whose mission is to enhance and develop new capabilities needed by our Portfolio Managers, Analysts and Quants, using modern web/cloud technologies.
This is a hands-on, full SDLC role that provides an opportunity to tackle sophisticated business, logic, data, and technical challenges. Therole requires you to take responsibility for the full development cycle – from requirement gathering to the delivery of theend-product.You will be part of an agile team of smart, hardworking people. The work will include managing data and implementing visualization with UI/UX best practices.
- Hands-on front-end development for a Typescript/React application
- Work directly with business users to understand their challenges and deliver solutions with business value
- Continuously improve the level of testing, documentation, and knowledge within the team
- Deliver within a team and as an individual developer
- Demonstrate master hands-on capability to drive components to delivery
- Advocate and contribute to software engineering best practices, including those that have enterprise-wide impact
- Business and Analytical Skills
- Shows willingness to take on the complexities of the domain – Fixed Income, Portfolio Management, Quantitative Research, Risk, etc.
- Being able to distill the “why”, understanding standing the bigger picture and communicating across technology and business stakeholders
- Balances strategic and pragmatic concerns when solving problems
- Makes decisions that are cognizant of the firm’s broader business strategy
- Experienced with web development technologies
- Conversant in multiple programming languages and learns new technologies quickly
- Demonstrates deep experience in automated testing and techniques
- Performs as an expert in multiple parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, development) and coaches others on such practices
- Experienced in several styles of architecture (e.g., cloud, real-time, batch, orchestration)
- Provides a clear and concise explanation of business strategy, technical concepts, designs, or implementation to a non-technical audience
- Stays abreast of industry trends and technologies and knows when/how/if to apply them appropriately
- Strong academic record and a degree with high mathematical and computing content e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or Physics from a leading university.
- 5+ years of progressive software engineering experience
- Experience in building containerized applications and deploying to cloud infrastructure such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar providers.
- Strong knowledge in other programming language(s) – e.g., Python, Java, C/C++
- Strong knowledge of one or more relevant database technologies e.g., PostgreSQL, SQL Server
- Strong in Test-Driven Development and proficiency in writing maintainable and adaptable code
- Computer Science, Math, or Financial Engineering degree
- Experience of front office software development with an Asset Management, Hedge fund or Investment Bank
- A solid understanding of tradable financial instruments (securities, derivatives) and capital markets
- Strong with a range of open-source frameworks and development tools - Python (NumPy, SciPy, pandas), gRPC, Git, CI/CD, etc.
- Proficient on Linux platforms with knowledge of various scripting languages