A prestigious financial company is on the search for an Associate Principal, Software Engineering Streaming Developer. They are looking for someone who has experience with developing hybrid cloud based solutions. This engineer will need to have heavy Java experience and specifically with Java 8. They also need to have experience with distributed frameworks and message brokers such as Kafka, Apache Spark, Streams, etc. Kafka is a MUST. Also needed is experience with cloud services such as AWS.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in design of highly performing, scalable, secure, reliable and cost optimized solutions.
- Primarily responsibility is application design and development of streaming application for business requirements in agreed architecture framework and Agile environment
- Thoroughly analyzes requirements, develops, tests, and documents software quality to ensure proper implementation.
- Follows agreed upon SDLC procedures to ensure that all information system products and services meet: both explicit and implicit quality standards, end-user functional requirements, architectural standards, performance requirements, audit requirements, security rules are upheld, and external facing reporting is properly represented.
- Performs thorough code-reviews based on high engineering standards
- Writes unit and integration tests based on chosen DevOps frameworks.
- 8+ year of experience in building high speed, data-centric solutions.
- Java 8+ experience required.
- Experience with high speed distributed computing frameworks like FLINK, Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, etc.
- Experience with distributed message brokers Kafka, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ, Amazon Kinesis, etc. Kafka preferred.
- Experience with cloud technologies and migrations. Experience preferred with AWS foundational services like VPCs, Security groups, EC2, RDS, S3 ACLs, KMS, AWS CLI and IAM etc.
- Experience developing and delivering technical solutions using public cloud service providers like Amazon, Google, etc.
- Experience writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks like Junit, Citrus
- Experience working with various types of databases like Relational, NoSQL, Object-based, Graph.
- Experience following Git workflows
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics