We have an immediate opening with one of our direct client, please find below the job description. Let me know if you are interested.
Software Certification and Packaging Engineer
Location: Marysville, OH (Hybrid – 2 days/week onsite and the rest can be worked remotely) Contract Duration – September 2023 – August 30, 2024
We are looking for a Software and Certification professional who has a strong background working with MS System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). This person’s primary focus will be to work on software certification and packaging. Tasks will include the following:
- Package software applications using industry-standard packaging tools and techniques.
- Collaborate with software development teams to understand application requirements and dependencies.
- Develop and maintain documentation for the packaging process.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to elicit, document, and validate business requirements.
- Conduct meetings with the software requester to validate business need.
- Ensure compatibility, stability, and proper functionality of applications on different operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Analyze data to identify trends, patterns, and insights that can inform business decisions.
- Offer alternatives that already exist rather than introducing something new.
- Work with IT Business aligned teams as well as customers to define the software ownership structure.
Required Skills and Expertise:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- SCCM packaging experience
- 3–5-year experience with Microsoft Configuration Manager.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
- In-depth knowledge of software packaging technologies and tools (e.g., MSI, InstallShield).
- Strong understanding of software deployment best practices and methodologies.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, VBScript) for automation.
- Familiarity with operating systems (Windows, Mac, Linux).
- Experience in software testing and quality assurance.
- Solid understanding of Active Directory and Group Policy management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.