- Azure ARM
Job Tittle: Lead Terraform Cloud Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX (Hybrid 3 days onsite, Rest days remote)
The impact you will have in this role: This role on the Network Service Reliability team is responsible for the evaluation, design and implementation plans for all technology solutions related to specific business requirements. This position requires a strong foundation in enterprise information technology architectures across these silos –Cloud, Virtualized Server/Desktop environments, routing protocols, switching, and security, quality of service, LAN /WAN protocols, WAN optimization. The Systems Engineering family is responsible for the entire technical effort to evolve and verify solutions that satisfy client needs. The primary focus is centered on reducing risk and improving the efficiency, performance, stability, security, and quality of all systems and platforms.
Your Primary Responsibilities:
- Develop “Infrastructure as Code” using Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, Azure ARM Templates, or similar.
- Leads design of new Cloud technologies by partnering with application teams.
- Evaluate cloud technology alternatives and makes a case for the best approach. Hands-on proof of concept work will be required in IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS cloud products.
- Develop design diagrams and corresponding documentation to set enterprise best practices for cloud adoption.
- Manage relationships with application teams and prioritizes multiple projects as they go from design into production.
- Collaborate with teams across the company (i.e. network, security, operations) to build complete cloud offerings.
- Design Disaster Recovery and backup strategies to meet application objectives.
- Uses innovative thinking to shape our standard enterprise cloud architecture offerings and partner with application teams to achieve proper cloud adoption models.
- Aligns risk and control processes into day to day responsibilities to monitor and mitigate risk; escalates appropriately
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Cloud technologies including IaaS, PaaS, and software-as-a-service.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure components (network, compute, storage, load balancers) and how applications should best leverage each.
- Experience with deploying cloud networking components (Transit Gateway, Direct Connect Gateway, VPCs, site-to-site VPNs, Private Endpoints).
- Experience developing IaaS in an AWS or Azure environment.
- Experience with BGP routing and working with carrier MPLS
- Experience with cloud implementations and deep understanding of public cloud infrastructure concepts.
- Experience evaluating and recommending new solutions to meet enterprise requirements.
- Experience developing IaC using terraform.
- Experience developing Jenkins jobs using Groovy/Jave programming language.
- Solid understanding of DNS and proxy deployments in cloud environments.