Oracle SqlXML and Web ServicesSSLRedhat
Job Title: Linux Administrator - Store Systems I
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long term
Location: Nashville, TN
The position is responsible for installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, and support of remotely distributed Linux store systems. Additional responsibilities include assisting the store support helpdesk personnel in troubleshooting issues with the Linux store systems and providing quality assurance testing on Point of Sale software patches and upgrades.
- Provide support relating to software and hardware failure on Linux systems.
- Documentation of processes and troubleshooting procedures.
- Provide analysis and reporting of Oracle data using Oracle sql.
- Maintain a high level of Linux store systems knowledge and associated application software to provide high levels of support.
- Assist in the quality assurance testing of applications that run on the Linux store systems.
- 2-3+ years of experience with Linux in an enterprise environment (Redhat based preferred).
- Working experience Oracle Sql, XML and Web Services.
- Understanding of basic networking.
- Understanding of SSL encrypted communications.
- Experience with source control/repository (Subversion, CVS/Github).
- Must be able to lead projects and drive them to completion.
- Ability to prioritize and provide timely resolution to issues and requests.
- Self-motivated and the ability to work unsupervised.
- Must be well-organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Must be a quick study with strong comprehension skills for unique applications and environments.
- Provide rotating 24/7 on-call support for technical issues.
- Some travel required and on-call duties required.
- Working knowledge of Xstore or other point of sale system a plus
- Jira/Confluence experience is a plus