The ADMS Network Consultant will provide delivery leadership within the Professional Services consultancy team primarily aligned to clients in the USA region. This client-facing role includes the following responsibilities.
The ADMS Network Security Consultant will be responsible for technical governance and support of the customer's network infrastructure used to monitor critical architecture in the US. This includes technical management of 3rd party suppliers responsible for supporting critical networks, review and challenge of network design and production changes affecting the critical systems network infrastructure and participating in the technical review of network upgrades, extensions and asset refresh project requirements.
Note: This role is a hybrid of onsite/remote work with an expectation to be at customer site occasionally 3-4 days a week.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day networks support by effectively responding to the needs of the organization's staff and other end users
- Actively participate in escalation of incidents and technical management of 3rd party suppliers responsible for the support of critical networks
- Support and serve on various internal and external committees, task forces and working groups as assigned
- Interact with local field engineering professionals SCADA, tele-protection, and operational telephony, both within and external to the organization
- Maintain awareness of new developments in Network technology as applied to the organization's industry.
- Participate in the expansion and upgrade efforts of the organization's systems
- Provide technical governance of production change control by critical review of method statements and back-out plans to eliminate impact on critical systems
- Review and challenge solutions offered by 3 party vendors for network enhancements, extensions, asset refresh etc
- Participate in an on-call rotation and providing after-hours support when required
- Eight plus years of experience in supporting Networking systems, Telecommunications, Telemetry, Satellite or Optel Networks
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Computer Science or other technical discipline from an accredited school preferred but not required
- Knowledge in Networking systems, telecommunications, telemetry and Optel networks, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems, tele-protection, and operational telephony
- Good understanding of networking technologies (CCNP/CCNA level), dynamic routing (EIGRP/BGP/OSPF), Cisco L2/L3 switches, Checkpoint Firewalls, Cisco Routers, Cisco FirePower IDS/IPS, Cisco ISE, DMVPN, Zscaler, Network Encryption and VPN technologies.
- Excellent communication, teamwork, customer service and listening skills