The lead business analyst collects, documents, and maintains the authoritative list of requirements for all development efforts. The lead technical business analyst is accountable for the functional design and adherence to corporate software development methodologies, as well as coordination across all technical resources throughout the lifecycle of a software development project. Secondary responsibilities include creation and maintenance of various types of documents, testing support and assisting in delivery activities.
- Leads development of requirements documentation and related specifications, documentation and business cases
- Decompose, refine, and document requirements using appropriate graphical & textual techniques, including use cases, diagrams, process models, wireframes, functional and technical specifications.
- Leads the collaboration with business customers to define scope for new projects, documents risks and assumptions, develops the delivery approach, and estimates cost and timings
- Responsible for the functional systems design:
- Leads and coordinates project team members through all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Participates in and facilitates system design workshops with the business community to solicit and document requirements (e.g. creation of user stories).
- Researches, reviews and analyzes existing processes and develops strategies for enhancements.
- Business process analysis and modeling
- Participation in architecting the logical design of the system with the technical team, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of logical processing flows.
- Participates in screen design and specifications.
- Responsible for facilitating/brokering communication between project customers and the development team.
- Works closely with the technical delivery managers for overall coordination of project activities.
- Communicates with Development and QA teams regularly to ensure accurate understanding of requirements.
- Assists with research on software and hardware products.
- Act as translator between business and technical community interpreting user needs and translating them into more technical language for the developers (and vice-versa).
- Collaboratively document test criteria with requestors, developers, and QA teams.
- Coordinates and performs tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new processes/systems, and other post implementation support.
- Write user training manuals, help files, and facilitate training sessions for large applications, as needed.
- Coordinate knowledge transfer from Development Teams to the Help Desk, Admin, and other support team(s).
- Bachelor's degree with at least four to seven years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience (systems consulting experience desired).
- At least three years' experience in large scale system implementation efforts following a standard software development lifecycle approach (scrum desired)
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development and data modeling.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent organization and management skills
- Extensive knowledge of industry standard development methodologies and technologies.