Role: Splunk Engineer
Location: Dallas, TX & Tampa, FL (Hybrid role: 2days on site in week)
Duration: 12+ months
As part of the Analytics Report & AI & ML Engineering team, the candidate is responsible for:
- Working on engineering and development focused projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Providing technical and operational support for our customer base as well as other technical areas within the company that utilize our tools
- Risk management functions such as reconciliation of vulnerabilities, security baselines as well as other risk and audit related objectives
- Administrative functions for our tools such as keeping the tool documentation current and handling service requests
- 24x7 on-call L3 support on a rotational schedule with other team members
- Participate in user training to increase awareness of Splunk
- Ensuring incident, problem and change tickets are addressed in a timely fashion, as well as escalating technical and managerial issues
- Self-starter, continually striving to improve the teams service offerings and one’s own skillset
- Must have a problem-solving and innovative mindset to meet a wide variety of challenges
- Willingness and ability to learn all aspects of our operating model as well as new tools
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
- Moderate to advanced competency of Windows and Unix-like operating system principles (power user functions)
- Developed competencies around essential project management, communication (oral, written) and personal effectiveness
- Working experience covering Microsoft Office tools such as Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Good SQL skills and good knowledge of relational databases
- Experience developing and interfacing with REST APIs
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Good knowledge of engineering, configuring, deploying and supporting Splunk Enterprise, Splunk Cloud, ITSI and Observability
- Ability to create and optimize Big Data correlations as a Splunk search language (SPL) proficient
- Optimize/Tune logging source streams
- Develop Splunk reports to meet requirements of key stakeholders.
- Good knowledge of Amazon AWS products and services such as EC2, BeanStalk, Lambda, VPC, Route 53, Amazon FW, API Gateway, ELB, CloudTrail, and CloudFront.
- Minimum of six (6) years of related Splunk work experience with expertise in ITSI.
- 5+ years’ experience of Splunk engineering/support in a production environment. This includes all phases of lifecycle management: planning, design, deployment, upkeep and retirement
- Should have a developed competency with Splunk in a production environment
Education, Training and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a technical discipline.
- Certification in any of the listed tools a plus
Thanks & Regards,