- Business requirements
- Amazon Web Services
Cloud Security Engineer
North American Bancard- Remote
What you'll be doing:
- Responsible for designing, protecting, and managing security services for security for NAB Cloud infrastructures.
- Engineer and tune the cloud security solutions, including enrolling, monitoring, alerting and maintaining a defined security posture.
- Implementation, development, and integration of open source security solutions like IDS, large-scale packet management systems, etc.
- Engage in the technical design of solutions based on use cases and business requirements.
- Participate in proof of concepts and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions and provide recommendations.
- Stay abreast of emerging technologies and threats proactively assess and evaluate the adoption thereof into the organization.
- Lead Audit Effort to ensure PCI compliance.
- Reduce time-to-detect and time-to-remediate by driving the automation of applied threat intelligence and sensor enrichment.
- Support all security projects in our AWS cloud environment.
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of Amazon Web Services experience with in-depth knowledge of the environment
- Must have AWS Certified Security - Specialty, or be able to obtain the certification within 9 months of hire
- At least 5+ years of total experience in cybersecurity, including incident response, engineering, cloud architectures, tuning, etc.
- At least 3+ years of experience and hands-on expertise in the tuning network sensors like IDS/IPS, DDOS, cloud security, or open source development.
- Domain expertise of network security sensors such as IDS, cloud security access broker, DDOS protections, open DNS, etc
- Detailed understanding of network technologies routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, proxy, etc
- Good understanding and exposure to cloud standards, architecture and models
- Detail proficiency with Linux (or similar) operating systems
- In-depth understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with PKI, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, etc
- Knowledge of RESTful web services (client-server application)
- Hands-on knowledge of automation skills, dev ops skills, etc.
- System admin - Linux/Unix – Experience and knowledge are mandatory.
- Software development domain and principles, including design patterns, code structure, programming languages, continuous integration (Git), continuous deployment (Travis/Jenkins), and deployment orchestration (Chef, puppet, or equivalent)
- Experience with open-source software security sensors
- Experience with network protocols and deep packet inspection
- Knowledge of microservices, Kubernetes, Docker, etc. is an added advantage.
- Proven experience delivering large scale, highly available security solution
You're an All Star if:
- Relevant security certifications such as White Hat, OSCP, ISC2 CISSP, SANS, CEH, etc. are a significant plus.
- Should have experience with PCI auditing and the PCI/P2PE environment
At our vision is a new paradigm of commerce that simplifies the modern business model — driving smarter operations, enhancing security, and fostering effortless personal interaction between merchants and their customers. Throughout our growth, we've stayed agile in order to stay at the forefront of the ever-changing payments landscape. While we are large enough to offer customized solutions to enterprise-level clients we're still nimble enough to take an award-winning, hands-on approach to personal service you just won't find anyplace else.
At North American Bancard, we celebrate diversity and create an inclusive environment for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer.