- communication skills
- computer science
- object - oriented
- design patterns
- solution architecture
- thought leadership
Sr. Solution Architect
Atlanta, GA (hybrid)
This Sr. Solutions Architect position is focused on end-to-end solutions design, the development and roll-out of world-class modern capabilities at RaceTrac. This role sits at the intersection of the business and technology, partnering with teams responsible for platforms that leverage world-class technology to create personalized, relevant, data-driven experiences.
- Identify end-to-end technical solutions based on business needs that utilize a service-based architecture.
- Architect solutions that compose an overall solution that's flexible, scalable, performant, and provides excellent user experience.
- Accountable for implementation of cross-functional solution architecture of all technologies in the pertinent technology stack.
- Ensures technologies are optimized, recommends investments and rationalization and if necessary, conducts technology assessment and selection.
- Supports and defines optimal design patterns and solutions for high availability and disaster recovery for applications.
- Drives full-service consultation with project sponsors from discovery through deployment: scope definition, requirements analysis, functional and technical design, application build, product configuration, unit testing, and production deployment.
- Ensures delivered solutions meet/perform to technical and functional/non-functional requirements.
- Provides technical expertise and ownership in the diagnosis and resolution of an issue, including the determination and provision of solutions or escalation to service owners.
- Ensures delivered solutions are realized in time frame committed; work in conjunction with project sponsors to size and manage scope and risk.
- Provides support and technical governance expertise related to architectures, deployment, and operations.
- Provides industry best practice thought leadership to fellow team members across business and technical project dimensions, solving complex business requirements.
- Proactively considers future state of the organization and how technology can support these efforts.
- Advocates and defines cloud architecture vision from a strategic perspective, including internal and external platforms, tools, and systems.
- Maintains industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Conducts product work reviews with team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Information Technology or a related study, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of IT experience required, 7+ years’ of development experience and 3 years of solution architecture experience preferred.
- Prior experience and familiarity with Microsoft Azure, one or more programming languages, one or more DevOps technologies, one or more analytics technologies, and one or more architecture modeling technologies required.
- Strong experience with API development and testing is required.
- Prior SaaS experience required.
- Strong understanding of SOA, object-oriented analysis, and design, and/or client/server systems.Prior experience using agile methodologies required.
- Experience in platform integration preferred.
- Prior experience working with protected data elements preferred.
- Proven experience succeeding in complex, matrix, and cross-functional projects.
- Ability to personally deliver large scale initiatives in a fast-paced environment with high levels of complexity and ambiguity.
- Experience and comfort managing indirect teams; scrums, agile cross functional teams, vendor stakeholders
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to work in a team-based environment including employees, vendors, and third-party contractors.
- Excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills.
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at .