One of our direct client located in Long Island, NY involved in aerospace, defense highly sensitive product manufacturing is seeking to hire candidates to fill the following immediate position in their manufacturing facility. Direct full time hire with the client. Immediate interview and start for the perfect matching candidate. Signing bonus, good salary, bonus and benefits offered. Please submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Position: Production Planner
Location: Long Island, NY
Duration: FULLTIME direct with Client
Salary: Negotiable + Bonus + Benefits
JOB QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS:
- Basic knowledge of blueprint reading and bills of materials.
- Five (3) years minimum experience in Production Planning and/or Inventory Control with at least three (2) years in a computer-oriented environment.
- Prior experience in machine shop environment.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience with ORACLE ERP desirable.
- Familiarity with MRP a plus.
- Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
- Must be able to work independently and make own decisions.
EDUCATION / TRAINING:
- High school diploma.
- College degree preferred.
- The Planner is responsible for using project sales orders and engineering releases to determine contractual requirements, and to develop action plans to supply completed detail and sub-assembly parts in the required time frame to support shipping schedules.
- The Planner determines and orders required materials, prepares in-housework orders, coordinates required work activities so that the project program will be completed to scheduled requirements.
- Reading and understanding applicable drawings and procedures to determine contract requirements.
- Generation and maintenance of outstanding material logs.
- Selection/ordering of raw materials.
- Initiation of requisitions for procurement of materials, detail parts and services including coordination of materials/parts shipments to vendors, as required.
- Initiation and maintenance of work orders, including preparation of shop packages, material pick list, material verification and serial number assignment.
- Continuous maintenance and timely implementation of contractual changes as identified on project and/or engineering releases.
- As required, coordination with and expediting of internal/external personnel to ensure product support in a timely manner.
- Identification of product shortages and other bottlenecks which may adversely affect production flow.
- Perform project control responsibilities on assigned projects as required.
- Maintenance and closeout of inventory and WIP closed projects.
- Conducting preliminary inventory reviews for quotation purposes.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.