- Can manage day-to-day operations.
- Experience with telephony architecture and structures
- Will also have helpdesk roles including escalations.
- Understanding of call routing
- Network knowledge (VLAN)
- Ability to look at a problem and provide solutions
- Experience with Zoom Telephone in particular not required; similar experience/background in AVAYA, CISCO telephone, Ring Central, etc ideal
- Understanding of Telephone technology - Important
- Good gauge of experience is asking the candidate this: Have you set up or deployed a telephony solution from the ground up? They should be able to say yes.
- Make the system run and thrive
- Able to set up from scratch, ground level
- If Zoom implodes or shuts down, able to recover to get a working state
- Can figure out where the disconnect is when things fail.
- Keywords: Multimedia engineer, unified communications, telephony, someone who went through Cisco telecom training.
- Certification: CCNA/ CCNP certification is a plus as they will have experience in Routing and understanding of how things are built.
- Soft Skills: Know how to speak with end-users and empathy.