Job Title: Violence Prevention Researcher
Duration: 18 Months
Clearance Required: YES (County Live scan)
Certification Required: California Class C driver’s License
- The Violence Prevention Researcher will be responsible for developing and managing the evaluation plan of the TPP Project in collaboration with the Office of Violence Prevention Director, the TPP Project Manager, and in consultation with the evaluation contractor secured via the Fiscal Lead Agency.
- The goal of this project is to invest in community-based organizations to support crisis response, trauma and healing services, and community violence intervention to address the impact of the pandemic in communities across Los Angeles county is disproportionately impacted by violence.
- The Violence Prevention Researcher will be responsible for ensuring that the evaluation aligns with best practices and evaluation of other Office of Violence Prevention initiatives, collecting and analyzing community-level data to guide implementation and measure impact, and preparing required briefs, reports, and presentations.
- Excellent oral, written, and editorial communication skills.
- Experience developing and implementing process and outcome evaluations for community programs; experience with violence prevention programs preferred.
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Windows-based programs, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and statistical software (e.g., SAS, STATA, or GIS applications);
- Ability to collect and manage a variety of datasets to support program evaluation activities.
- Ability to engage in complex data analysis activities to support and monitor violence prevention efforts in Los Angeles county.
- Ability to prepare reports and recommendations based on research findings and communicate them orally, in writing, or through graphic representations and statistical summaries.
- Experience working with diverse community groups/community stakeholders, including experience in interpreting/explaining data for community.
- Experience managing multiple demands and deadlines.
- Reliable Wi-Fi/internet access; and
- Ability to maintain a professional, positive attitude and work ethic.
- A Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university in the fields of public health, behavioral science, or social science - AND - any combination of relevant education and/or relevant research experience totaling at least five years; and
- A valid California driver's license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Windows-based laptop or desktop device with a speaker and microphone and reliable Wi-Fi/internet access
About our Company:
22nd Century Technologies is a business enterprise that supports demanding staffing programs for Corporations and State and Local Government Agencies. Its journey began in 1997 by supporting large Federal contracts which nudged us in the direction of creating large candidate pools across the country. Over the last 20 years, we have built a strong business model that is carefully constructed to deliver on multiple facets. We have proven past performance of providing services that exceed our clients' expectations. Today 22nd Century technologies supports clients in all 50 states and has grown to be a company that is trusted and sought for providing a complex mix of workforce solutions. With a firm grip on the entire spectrum of staffing solutions, we have placed more than 500,000 skilled resources and delivered 15 million+ man-hours.“22nd Century Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer" and “s & all other parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply."
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.