Lead process and application development of ASM IC Backend Machines delivered to customers in the North America. Apply IC Backend Assembly process knowledge to solve complex customer applications and process solutions. Demonstrates ASM equipment and capabilities to support sales and marketing activities.
- Plan, execute and lead process application projects toward the installation of ASM Advanced IC Backend Assembly equipment at customer sites.
- Manage the project to ensure all deliverables and technical customer criteria are met within the timeline of the project.
- Manage customer evaluations of ASM equipment at customer sites.
- Working closely with customer and the factory, define scope of project, boundary conditions, evaluation criteria, expected outcome and duration of the evaluation.
- Install run and manage the evaluation/demo, ensuring all evaluation criteria have been met.
- Perform Design of Experiments to define optimum process recipe for a particular product or to resolve a complex issue.
- Ensure regular communication of the evaluation/demo to all stakeholders.
- Document results for presentation to customer.
- Perform on-site applications work to enable customers to run their product on ASM equipment effectively. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Recipe Creation, debugging and run IC product on Assembly equipment
- Applying Process knowledge to improve customer yield
- Applying IC Packaging assembly knowledge to improve equipment metrics
- Applying continuous improvement methodologies to ensure optimal performance of our Assembly equipment for the customer’s application and production environment.
- Manage the customer sampling, evaluations, and qualification of the customers’ applications in close cooperation with customers
- Act as key interface to principal factory for the roll out of new ASM machines.
- Run product demonstrations of ASM IC Backend Assembly for customers and sales team.
- Explain features and benefits of the equipment.
- Attend trade shows, road shows and customer events to perform product demonstrations.
- Apply an expert understanding of product and/or system scope and application, consulting with others as required to provide a complete solution and explanation.
This job operates in a professional office environment, customer factory site, or demo center.
While performing duties of this job the employee must move from one place to another, remain in one position/place for long periods of time, communicate with others and exchange information and give presentations. Employee must also position oneself to operate, demonstrate or work on ASM equipment. May need to lift or move machine parts or other items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- International and domestic travel required, approximately 25%
Qualifications and Skills
- Understanding and knowledge of IC Backend equipment, processes and applications
- Must be able to setup, maintain and troubleshoot existing equipment as appropriate
- Identify and solve challenges in existing processes and customer applications
- Analyze experimental results and formulate professional technical reports for both internal and customer use
- Technical support (both internal and at customer site) of international customers and support of sales department
- Develop and implement processes at customer sites located worldwide
- Carry out machine acceptance tests
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Outstanding presentation skills ability to translate technical data into meaningful information
- Must be fluent in English, verbal and written
Education and Experience
- BA/BS in Engineering or related discipline
- Five (5) years Semiconductor Process / Application Engineering or related industry experience preferred
- Experience in IC backend processing in the semiconductor industry would be an advantage