Join an innovative, groundbreaking team working on a hybrid eVTOL project for a global automotive company. This vehicle will make extensive use of Model Based Design for generating the Software that controls the aircraft and its systems. As part of the MBD team, you will work with development of safety-critical logics that require broad system-level knowledge, and deep attention to details to make sure they operate flawlessly within a complex embedded system with several computing units, redundant sensors, and actuators. Candidates will need to travel to domestic and international offices as needed.
- 30% - Design models that fulfill system/aircraft needs through discrete-time logics.
- 30% - Create, execute, and analyze simulations and requirement-based tests for verification of models.
- 20% - Work closely with system development teams to define higher level requirements to be implemented in models by MBD team.
- 20% - Support verification work performed at test laboratories, pilot in-the-loop simulator, and flight tests.
- Write requirements (linked to model blocks) for compliance with DO-331.
- Involved with the design/modeling of control logic to be executed by flight control computer.
- Establish flawless control logic design to ensure flight safety of fly-by wire aircraft with safety critical consideration of difference between real-world and lab evaluation environment.
- Support feasibility study planning to figure out good balance between safety flight and feasible control logic (signal selection/redundancy management/failure detection) in collaboration with control law design and system design team.
- Supports establishment of framework to standardize control and plant (physical) modeling and manage traceability (update history).
- 15+ years of deep, hands-on experience in model-based design in aerospace or any related industry.
- Previous hands-on experience with DO-178.
- Experience developing safety-critical logics (signal selection, monitors, inter-lane synchronization) for fly-by-wire flight control systems down to the frame-by-frame discrete-time implementation details.
- Experience in non-linear simulation of integrated models.
- Experience in creation of test vectors for open-loop and closed-loop simulations.
- Experience using flight test data to assess robustness of safety-critical monitors.
- Previous experience using Simulink.
- Proficient in usage of Python (or similar, such as C++) for reading, converting, resampling, and analyzing time series data from multiple data formats.
- Previous experience with writing script of control model.
- Previous experience working with frameworks.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, or similar.
Location: Southern/ Central CA – Relocation assistance available for those outside the immediate area.
Type: Full-Time (Onsite or Remote)
Travel: Frequent travel domestically and internationally.