- We are looking for an AIX / Linux Administrator to join our team.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle (planning, installing, maintaining, and retiring) of AIX and Redhat operating systems.
- Responsible for the entire life cycle of physical hardware and storage systems that support AIX and Redhat operating systems.
- Knowledge of firewall systems for network communications.
- Support 8 AIX VM server partitions running on two p8 Servers and stored on local IBM v5000 storage.
- These VMs include production, test, and the VIO Servers that support these AIX partitions.
- Administrate the IBM v5000 storage systems that support the AIX systems.
- Experience in AIX OS as well as versions of VIO Server.
- Experience using HMC use to support these devices.
- Support RedHat VM servers running on Nimble storage.
- Experience in RedHat OS 7.9 – 8.6.
- Create traces that are stored on remote servers for diagnostic purposes.
- Use ftp and WinSCP to download traces and Wireshark to analyze.
- Create ftp, sftp, and ssl scripts that transfer files between servers as well as from/to customers.
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere to facilitate installing the operating system(s), server operations, as well as troubleshooting.
- Create users/passwords/groups permissions and file restrictions.
- Create VM partitions to include multiple filesystems and logical volumes.
- Update all Operating Systems with security updates and coordinate installs with other administrators.
- Monitor performance on all VM and open tickets to adjust resources.
- Must have 5 - 10 years of AIX experience, working with a large organization (1000+ employees), and 5-10 years of Linux experience, working with a large organization (1000+ employees).
- Knowledge of, virtualization, specifically with Vmware and IBM.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Microsoft Windows.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, network communications, firewalls, protocols, etc., specifically with FortiNet, network traffic.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, Storage hardware, protocols, etc., specifically with IBM, HPe Nimble Storage.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, conducting business with outside vendors.
- Experience with, and knowledge of, CJIS policy.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college.