Job Title: Sr FPGA Engineer
Primary Skills: FPGA design, Ultrascale+ FPGA devices,Video experience
Location: Fremont CA
Duration : Full Time Position
Sr FPGA Engineer
Design and Implementation of embedded FPGA system for operating room integration solutions which encompass video signal processing, DMA, high-speed communications, and live video capture.
Collaboration with schematic, layout, systems, and firmware engineers to architect and design the applicable embedded FPGA solutions.
Leading role of all aspects of FPGA system designs and implementations. The sole owner to drive requirements, design, and implementation of the FPGA solution involving hardware design, F/W and appropriate algorithms.
A passion for solving unforeseen technical challenges and creating elegant and reliable solutions with an out-of-the-box mindset.
Hands-on, self-driven engineer with the proven ability to work well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- MS or BS in electrical engineering with at least 5 years of industry experience designing electronic devices, preferred in the medical field.
- Proficiency in FPGA design and development methodologies using Verilog (preferably SystemVerilog) or VHDL for both synthesis and verification.
- Experience working with 7-series, UltraScale and Ultrascale+ FPGA devices as well as Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC and Microblaze soft processor.
- Expert knowledge in Xilinx Vivado tools (Block Designer, XSIM, hardware debugger, etc.), SDK, Vitis, and AXI bus protocols.
- Ability to use troubleshooting and measurement equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters, function generators, custom test platforms, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Effective writing skills for FPGA project design and development documents.
- 12+ years of experience in developing embedded FPGA system architecture.
- Familiar with Xilinx video IPs such as HDMI subsystems and video processing subsystems.
- In-depth knowledge of Petalinux build flow, Linux device tree structure, and Zynq Ultrascale+ HEVC video codec unit.
- Working experience with other FPGA vendors such as Intel/Altera or Lattice devices.
- Background in video standards such as HDMI, 3G-SDI, and DisplayPort as well as audio standard like I2S.
Thanks & Regards
Infobahn Soft world Inc.