iSphere has an Energy Trading client in Houston, Texas for a full-time Senior Application Support Analyst opportunity. The right candidate will have extensive knowledge in Commodities and has experience supporting enterprise systems.
- Supporting of Commodity Trading and live position applications during trading hours.
- Support of CTRM and connected upstream/downstream applications for Intraday and End of day activities.
- Take appropriate actions to ensure that time-critical batch steps run. This may involve root cause analysis of issues and taking appropriate corrective actions (fixing curves, excluding deals/portfolios etc.).
- Monitor applications availability and report issues pro-actively.
- Communicate with clients/vendors as required: inform/chase for incident progress, notify them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Good organizational skills in managing issues, projects and communicating to the stake holders.
- Fast turnaround of client requests.
- Log and prioritize tickets in the ticketing system.
- Work with the Service Desk to ensure requests are routed to appropriate resource in order to be resolved quickly and efficiently
- Escalate service requests that require 3rd level support.
- Improve client service, perception, and satisfaction.
- 5 years of work experience in IT industry.
- Minimum 4 years of working experience in energy trading domain.
- Must have experience of working on trading floor and supporting traders during peak hours.
- Must have knowledge of OpenLink Endur system (North American Gas and Power)
- Working knowledge of Endur OpenJVS programming.
- Good experience with CTRM Application support including upstream/downstream systems.
- (E.g. Understands business workflow, trade life cycle and operations)
- Working knowledge of ISO power markets and FTR trade booking
- Must have business knowledge of North American Gas and Power trade life cycle.
- Programming skills using JAVA or .Net or any programming language.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues related to programs in Java, .Net or any other programming language.
- Understanding of databases and analyzing SQL scripts.
- Should be able to support team members in different geographical regions.
- Motivated and willing to learn and work on different systems 3rd party and in-house developed