- data analytics
- unix scripting
Phoenix, AZ (only locals- Hybrid model)
Long term contract
Direct client: Immediate client interview
Big Data/ ETL/ Data Analytics/ Pyspark/Hive/ Unix/ Unix Scripting
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and languages as appropriate Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
- Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering, or related experience required; advanced degree preferred Hands-on expertise with application design and software development in Big Data across one or more platforms, languages, and tools. (Hadoop/ Spark/ HIVE/ NoSQL & SQL Databases).
- Have had prior experience of architecting data abstraction layers using some NoSQL/in-memory database Data modeling and data architecture experience will be an advantage Expert on Dimensional modelling concepts.
- Strong knowledge on Oracle SQL, ETL performance tuning and unix scripting. Ability to effectively collaborate with Finance SMEs and partners of all levels to understand their business processes and take overall ownership of Analysis, Design, Estimation and Delivery of technical solutions for Finance business requirements and roadmaps.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases (MySQL, Oracle, Yellowbrick).
- Expertise in Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, Spark and Impala.
- Solid understanding of data structures, Algorithms & Design Patterns and Strong programming knowledge in Java. Experience in analytical languages (Python or the equivalent) and knowledge about machine learning techniques.
- Also analyzing and building dashboards with data visualization tools such as Tableau using accelerator database Jethro. Extensive experiencing in application, integration, system and regression testing, including demonstration of automation and other CI/CD efforts.
- Experience with version control software like git and CI/CD testing/automation experience.
- Proficient with Scaled Agile application development methods.
- Deals well with ambiguous/under-defined problems; Ability to think abstractly.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential, including substantiated ability to innovate and take pride in quickly deploying working software.
- Ability to enable business capabilities through innovation is a plus Drives Results:
- Ability to get results with an emphasis on reducing time to insights and increased efficiency in delivering new Finance product capabilities into the hands of Finance constituents.
- Focuses on the Customer and Client with effective consultative skills across a multi-functional environment. Communicates Effectively: Verbally and in writing, including effective presentation skills.
- Drives Innovation and Change: Strong analytical skills, problem identification and resolution. Delivering business value using creative and effective approaches Develops Winning Strategies: Possesses strong business knowledge about the Finance organization, including industry standard methodologies.
- Demonstrates a strategic/enterprise viewpoint and business insights with the ability to identify and resolve key business impediments.
- Strong analytical ability Excellent communication skills