This is an opportunity to join an established, profitable and very rapidly growing semiconductor capital equipment manufacturer. Our client has developed systems that are critical for the manufacturing of the semiconductors used in Electric Vehicles, Solar Power Systems, among others. These markets are expanding exponentially and driving our client's growth. They're still a relatively small company, although they've been in business over 20 years.
Several years ago they had the vision to anticipate the requirements of the above markets and develop systems specifically targeting them. Customer acceptance has been exceptional. In order to sustain their growth they have been hiring additional personnel and they are looking for a Sr. Manager to be responsible for managing their small HR organization and providing the knowledge so that they meet all the federal and state (California) personnel regulations. Duties include managing recruiting, on/off-boarding, open enrollment, and compliance activities. They offer a smaller, rapidly growing and exciting environment and with less bureaucracy than is typical at larger companies. Advancement potential is significant.
Responsibilities and Duties include:
- Manage HR Department, reporting to either EVP or COO.
- Ensure that HR files, documentation, and communications are well organized and comply with applicable laws.
- Maintain HR reporting and annual filings, including, but not limited to monthly headcount, ACA, ISO and OSHA reports.
- Manage ADP payroll administrator direct report.
- Manage the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers.
- Manage annual benefit Open Enrollment process and benefit invoice reconciliation. (See Notes)
- In charge of pre-boarding, on-boarding and off-boarding process.
- Perform the annual performance appraisal process and salary survey; review and track incoming performance appraisal forms.
- Ensure Workers Comp injuries are reported quickly and accurately, and that the accident investigation report is completed and kept on file.
- Maintain and update job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
- Handle all functions for quarterly Board Meetings and Annual Shareholders meetings.
- Support Finance in generation of required employee communications.
- A minimum of 5 years of HR experience required (in a high-tech environment preferred).
- Knowledge of Federal and California employment regulations.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines, including the ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Develop, implement, and manage policies and procedures in a fast pace environment.
- Proactive, self-directing with strong project management, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to handle sensitive and confidential situations with poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Personable, can build relationships but can also make the necessary tough decisions.
- Ability to be organized and flexible in a changing environment.
- Must have a strong mathematical ability and be comfortable dealing with numbers and finance.
This position offers a competitive salary, full suite of benifits, profit sharing and stock options.
NOTE: Please only apply if you live within commuting distance of Fremont, California. No relocation is being offered. You also must be very familiar with both Federal and California employment regulations. Thank you.