Role: Python Developer with Mobile exp
Location: Irving, TX – Onsite job from day one.
Rate: $ w2 / C2C
Duration: 8 months to start with…
Number of Positions: 2
PROJECT DESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY:
As a Python Engineer, you are joining a multidisciplinary team of product managers, designers and engineers who create digital products that hundreds of thousands of people experience every day. You must have a strong and continuously growing proficiency in creating highly scalable and flexible RESTful APIs to enable an infinite number of digital products. This includes actively participating in designing, developing, reviewing, unit testing and releases. The ideal candidate has a passion for code , putting the customer first, and delivering an exceptional experience by creating extendable and reusable products.
- 5+ years of python server development using Django, Flask, or other python frameworks.
- 5+ years of experience working with and building RESTful APIs.
- 3+ years of experience in Typescript.
- Ability to write unit-tested, re-usable and maintainable code.
- Strong Knowledge in cloud platforms (preferable AWS: both traditional EC2 and serverless Lambda), micro-services architecture.
- Experience in CI/CD solutions (including Docker), DevOps principles, message queues (RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ, etc.) and background task processing (Celery).
- Experience with API security frameworks, token management and user access control including OAuth, JWT, etc.
- Solid foundation and understanding of relational and NoSQL database principles.
- Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis, Memcached, etc.)
- Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol (Nginx, Apache, etc.)
- A team player with a start-up/intrapreneur mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience writing APIs for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile App, etc.).
- Expertise with deployment using a configuration management tool such as Ansible/Chef/Salt.
- Knowledge of constructing PostgreSQL, SQL query strings and fine-tuning them for performance.
- Ability to work in an Agile /SCRUM environment.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools - Git (Gitlab).
- Exposure to retail in0dustry, experience with e-commerce applications.