HELP DESK / IT Support / Technical Customer Field Service Engineer (Windows, Windows Servers, LINUX Admin, Software & Hardware) - 100% ON-SITE in Harrisburg, PA

Depends on Experience

Contract: Corp-To-Corp, Independent, W2, 12 Month(s)

  • Work from home


Technical Customer Field Service EngineerHelp DeskIT Tech SupportWindowsWindows Servers & LINUXTech SupportCustomer Field Service EngineerTechnical ServicesWindows ServerLinux

Job Description


Please take a look at the complete job description. If you find it suitable for you, please call me asap at  (any time / even after hours) or email me at 



Urgent Job Opening - HELP DESK / IT Support (Tech Customer Field Service Engineer): Windows, Windows Server, LINUX - 100% ON-SITE in Harrisburg, PA – 5 years Long Term Contract – ship needed.



Our client, is looking to fill a - 100% ON-SITE in Harrisburg, PA - HELP DESK / IT Support (Tech Customer Field Service Engineer): Windows, Windows Server, LINUX - in Harrisburg, PA role to support an IT program. Our client has just deployed their software with their client and they need this resource to remain onsite to provide ongoing support and customer service.


This job is full-time (40 hours/week), 5 year contract with the possibility of extension, working from the headquarters building located in Harrisburg, PA.



*** HELP DESK / IT Support (Tech Customer Field Service Engineer): Windows, Windows Server, LINUX - - 100% ON-SITE in Harrisburg, PA ***



  • The resource needs to be very good in WINDOWS, WINDOWS SERVER and LINUX.
  • 5 years’ experience in a HELP DESK and / or IT Support role.
  • 80% of the work will be back-end support while the remaining 10-20% of the work will be front-end field service (primarily customer service visits) to various offices throughout the state of Pennsylvania. All travel to these locations will be reimbursed by our client.
  • There is an on-call rotation and this person will be required to be on-call one week per month which includes after hours and weekends
  • Ability to run a Microsoft and a LINUX Command line.
  • Windows System Administration.
  • LINUX System Administration experience is a big plus.
  • Day to day this person will be tasked with addressing system issues including software, network, and hardware troubleshooting.
  • What we really need is a resource that can troubleshoot workstation issues and do basic Linux work to collect logs.
  • You will be using remote access to get into workstations at other locations to help resolve issues.
  • You will be trained on client’s software and all the hardware in the State of PA’s.
  • We also need the soft skills of this person to be really good. This resource will be the face of our client at their client. All of the different locations should know who this person is and know they can reach out to this person for help.”
  • Monitor the system daily and be the first point of contact for issues that arise.
  • Perform troubleshooting and resolve issues.
  • Create help desk tickets when needed.
  • Interface between the customer and the program operational team to facilitate diagnosis and repair of problems.
  • Be prepared to travel for customer interaction and field support if needed.
  • Be the customer advocate. Work to build a strong customer relationship to enhance the value of the IT solution.
  • They are looking for a resource who has both the soft people skills and hard technical skills required to master the program’s technology and manage the customer relationship. 
  • This person needs to have strong communication and the ability to troubleshoot technical issues that may arise with the program. 
  • Information Technology degree/education OR applicable work experience.
  • Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
  • Needs to be able to commute to Harrisburg PA DAILY.
  • Needs to be a without dual citizenship.




Recruiting Manager,

Linga Tech Inc,

Ph: ,

Email: ,