Title: Database Administrator
SQL Server, SQL database administration and maintenance, SqlServer Management Studio,
ERP, Oracle Enterprise Manager, OEM, Data Warehouse, Data Marts,
ITIL, ITSM, Managed Services, DevOps, SOA operational models,
Medicaid, healthcare insurance environment, Public sector procurement, service oriented architecture
SCOPE OF THE PROJECT:
The Replacement Medicaid Management Information System (RMMIS) project is one of the largest IT projects for the client. It is a multi-year effort to replace the client, eligibility system, and related applications with a modern, service oriented architecture based system. The client is planning a multi-vendor approach, which will demand exceptionally high quality team members.
DAILY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The RMMIS ORACLE Application DBA is responsible for managing all database related technical aspects for the engineering and software development life-cycle (SDLC) for a replacement MMIS database. The project is a multi-year effort that will be one of the largest IT projects in the client. The client plans to conduct a multi-vendor design and development effort.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Installs, upgrades and perform backups for MarkLogic NoSql Databases.
• Installs and configures ORACLE database software, creates data models, develops naming conventions and DB change control procedures.
• Install and configure ORACLE databases with both a traditional and RAC configuration on a RedHat/ORACLE Linux server.
• Manage ORACLE database architecture, interconnections, and schemas for the storage and retrieval of MMIS information in a high transaction rate, mission critical 24x7 environments.
• Support database operations and work closely with application and infrastructure group for MMIS Replacement initiatives.
• Assist Enterprise Architect with overall planning needs for the database design and data modeling.
• Provide formal and/or information training in DBMS administration and maintenance, database design, analysis, and management.
• Contribute to service design and support for a service oriented architecture (SOA)-based system.
• Provide support for SQLServer databases by performing database management and performing daily routines in a mission critical 24X7 environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• MarkLogic Nosql Database
• Oracle database 11g and 12c
• Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform all basic database management and administration skills
• Demonstrate practical understanding of ORACLE database physical structure, overall architecture, and database performance analysis
• Strong background in database planning, scaling, and capacity planning activities
• Experience in database design and data modeling, index creation, database optimization, and performance tuning
• Strong understanding of software development life-cycles
• Experience deploying and configuring ORACLE Data Guard, ORACLE Enterprise Manager, ORACLE Automatic Storage Management, and ORACLE Recovery Manager
• Understanding of SqlServer Management Studio
PREFERRED SKILLS (RANK IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE):
• Experience in a healthcare insurance environment (Medicaid preferred)
• Public sector procurement experience is a plus
• Experience with Data Warehouses and/or Data Marts
• Oracle or SQL certification
• Experience in the design and application of service-oriented architectures
• Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, or another related field is required
• 5+ years of ORACLE database administration experience
• 5+ years of experience working with development teams
• Exposure to ITIL / ITSM / Managed Services / DevOps / SOA operational models
Notes to recruiters:
• This position requires both technical skills and people skills.
• This position is planned to be multi-year.
• This position requires excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
Skills: Category - Name - Required - Importance - Level - Last Used - Experience
Database Platforms - Oracle Active Data Guard - Yes - 3 - Advanced - Within 6 Months - 4 - 6 Years
Database Platforms - Oracle RAC - Yes - 2 - Advanced - Within 6 Months - 4 - 6 Years
Database Platforms - SQL Server - Yes - 4 - Advanced - Within 6 Months - 1 - 2 Years
ERP - Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) - Yes - 2 - Expert - Within 6 Months - 4 - 6 Years
Protocols - Oracle Database - Yes - 1 - Expert - Within 6 Months - 4 - 6 Years
Experience with Oracle and SQL database administration and maintenance.
VIVA USA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a professional working environment that is free from discrimination and unlawful harassment. The Management, contractors, and staff of VIVA USA shall respect others without regard to race, sex, religion, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical, mental or sensory disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era, recently separated veteran, Active war time or campaign badge veteran, Armed forces service medal veteran, or disabled veteran. Please contact us at for any complaints, comments and suggestions.
Contact Details :
VIVA USA INC.
3601 Algonquin Road, Suite 425
Rolling Meadows, IL 60008