Job Title: Applications Developer Senior Java
Job Location: Broomfield, CO (2-3 Days Onsite)
Job Duration: 12 month Contract with potential for Full time conversion
Interview: Virtual, one round of video interview with panel
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
What You'll Do
- Lead, assist, and collaborate with other application developers, business analysts, system administrators, and others in conceptualizing and developing new software programs and applications as well as maintaining existing applications.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Plan phases of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of software users.
- Architect applications for ease of maintenance and longevity.
- Conduct research on emerging application development best practices, languages, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Recommend, schedule, and perform software improvements and upgrades.
- Responsible for the creation and maintenance of business web services that adapt and extend functionality of COTS solution.
- Provide general administration and optimization of Java EE application servers.
- Collaborate with team members and business users to clarify requirements and confirm design/implementation.
- Partner with business representatives to ensure requirements are well understood and documented to achieve successful delivery.
- Actively work with the software development manager and architecture managers to align to a consistent technology vision and drive application development standards.
- Research and recommend database development best practices.
- Facilitate peer-programming and design sessions/reviews with team members.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Ensure development quality is being tracked and improved using techniques like automated testing and peer code review.
- Take the lead on solving and implementing difficult technology challenges and drive our team to successful delivery.
- Consistently write, translate, code, and test software program and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics and prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Work closely with BA/QA team members to create test plans and ensure that issues are properly identified, fixed, and tested.
- Liaise with other technical teams, network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Certifications in professional level Java programming
- Experience developing in Java using object-oriented development practices.
- Experience developing web-based applications using Java.
- Experience working with web services (REST JSON).
- Strong knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL) and database design
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and automated build/test tools preferred.
- Broad and deep understanding of application servers including experience with configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience working with enterprise applications.
- Experience with the following technologies is preferred:
- Java 8+ / OpenJDK
- Java Application servers (JBoss/WildFly, TomEE, Tomcat/Spring, WebLogic)
- IDEs (Eclipse, IntelliJ)
- Java Web Services, both SOAP (JAX-WS) & REST (JAX-RS, RESTEasy, Spring)
- Maven/Ant/Gradle and version control (Git preferred)
- Spring/Spring Boot
- SSIS or other ETL processing tools
- C# .Net application/framework development experience
- Unit Testing/Test Driven Development/Behavior Driven Design
- Azure DevOps/Team Foundation Server
- Oracle RDBMS
- PL/SQL development
- Experience with the following technologies/systems is a plus:
- Oracle Agile/PLM
- Familiarity with the Aerospace industry