Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no furtherwe are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technologyprovides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
Designs and develops new products using sound engineering principles. He/she proposes modifications and solutions to problems with existing products. The mechanical engineer performs various engineering calculations including stress analysis. He/She creates bills of material and assembly instructions
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs development engineering, for both new and existing products
- Maintains product safety in all designs
- Model mechanical design concepts using 3D Parametric software
- Performs design prototyping, including field implementation and testing
- Perform engineering calculations as required
- Follows required regulatory codes
- Perform Finite Element Analysis as needed.
- Prepares and reviews mechanical product documentation
- Prepare assembly instructions
- Prepare bills of material
- Reviews and checks drawings produced by designers and drafters
- Provide technical support to Quality, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Operations and Commercial Solutions departments
- Interface with vendors and customers to provide technical support
- Participate in company safety meetings and safety awareness
- Mentor, guide and lead less experienced engineers
- Review and check work of less experienced engineers and assist when needed
- Act as lead alongside other business units on various projects for engineering team
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelors degree in mechanical engineering
- 7-10 years of relevant engineering experience
- Essential engineering expertise machine design, strength of materials, metallurgy, thermodynamics, heat transfer and fluid power.
- Ability to read, comprehend and write in English
- Ability to effectively present technical information, to colleagues, customers and vendors
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in written, oral or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD, SolidEdge, SolidWorks or Inventor
- Knowledge of FEA software such as MathCAD, SolidWorks Simulation, ANSYS, or HyperWorks
- Knowledge of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software
- Knowledge of spreadsheet, word processing and presentation software
- Valid Drivers License
- Valid passport
- Domestic and international travel may be required.
- Knowledge of Drilling systems and equipment
- Understanding of SolidWorks, AutoCAD, SolidWorks Simulation, or ANSYS would be considered an asset
- Familiarity with an ERP systems such as Visual or D365
- Familiarity with a File Management System such as EPDM
- Familiarity with Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of drilling engineering principles, drilling practices and drilling equipment
- Knowledge of drafting principles.
- Design creativity
- Knowledge of oilfield regulatory requirements
- Professional membership in regional engineering association, for example APEGA
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to sit, stand or walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear and smell. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20.41 kilograms/45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to vibration, risk of electrical shock, wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, high and precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions and extreme cold and heat.