- ARINC - 429
- ARP - 4754
- ARP - 4754 A
- Aviation Regulations
- DO - 160
- DO - 254
- Federal Aviation
- Federal Aviation Regulations
Aircraft Test and Evaluation Manager for Hybrid eVTOL
An innovative global automotive company is on a mission to revolutionize freedom of mobility by building the next generation of mobility ecosystem with the eVTOL vehicle at its core. We are looking for an Aircraft Test and Evaluation Manager to be a part of an exciting new eVTOL project. You will help to develop and build the test team. As part of the work, you will be asked to manage the engineering test operations team, including aircraft ground and flight operations, ground rigs and flight rigs operations. The Manager will also oversee the background checks, health reports and training requirements of flight crews. The Manager must foster safety first in all operations.
This position serves as the communication and coordination link between engineering test operations, the engineering team and all other departments in the company.
- Oversee, direct, and grow the test operations team and capabilities with full responsibility over testing center.
- Direct the utilization of Experimental Hangar, Test Services & Instrumentation, and Engineering Flight Test resources in accordance with company needs and budgets.
- Schedule and track test programs to support our internal customers and certification test requirements
- Provide leadership to the V&V (validation and verification), Test Facility and Flight Test teams under the T&E organization
- Ensure that test plans are scheduled and visually displayed for stakeholders, test articles are prepared, ground and flight readiness reviews are accomplished, and tests are completed on schedule.
- Participate in FAA test flights and ground evaluations.
- Set operations policies and standards, including determining safety procedures.
- Foster a safety culture and ensure compliance with all safety procedures.
- Conduct investigations in cooperation with government agencies to determine causes of transportation accidents and to improve safety procedures.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Report key performance indicators (KPIs) to provide stakeholder understanding of progress and efficiency.
- Execute and manage aircraft testing
- 10+ years strong management and leadership experience with one FAA (or other authority) certification program.
- 15+ years strong experience with aircraft flight test program.
- Be versed in FAR Parts 91, 61, 135 and in Part 23/25/27/29 as it pertains to human factors.
- Be familiar with FAA policy, orders, advisory circulars, and TSO Minimum Operations Performance specifications regarding the equipment already certified and equipment to be certified
- Knowledge and experience with highly integrated system development following SAE guidance ARP-4754A.
- Knowledge and experience with systems comprised of items compliant with RTCA standards applicable to aircraft development like DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, DO-331 and others
- Knowledge and experience with aircraft certification with FAA, EASA, TCCA, and/or other aircraft certification authorities around the world.
- Must be able to demonstrate a clear understanding, knowledge, and ability to develop critical and highly integrated aircraft systems.
- Understanding of communication standards and protocols like UART based RS-232/422/485, CAN or ARINC-825, ARINC-429, AFDX, ARINC-664, etc.
- Experience working with executive leadership teams, using performance indicators and metrics to provide reports.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects, and tasks.
- Willing to travel out of town occasionally.
- Willingness to work long and sometimes irregular hours compliant to the Federal Aviation Regulations.
- Strong knowledge of aircraft operation
- FAA DER
- FAA-certified airplane pilot license preferred
- FAA-certified rotorcraft pilot license
- Unmanned UAV control certification/skill
- General knowledge of all phases of aircraft design, testing, approval, FAA certification process, manufacturing, inspection, and service, as well as a thorough knowledge of FAA procedures and regulations.
Duration: Multi-year project (2-5+ years)
Location: Southern CA (onsite)
Submit resumes to jobs@OSIengineering.com