At MSA Life Sciences, we provide innovative HIPAA-compliant healthcare solutions and services. In this role, you will assist in the design, development, and maintenance of the MSA healthcare data management platform. A successful candidate must have knowledge and experience with large-scale OLTP from multiple perspectives: database, compute, information, performance, storage, network, process, flow, integration, security and application. This position will provide vision, leadership and strategy as well as actively participate in the design, implementation and subsequent operations.
- Develop SQL Oracle PL/SQL procedures and packages
- Develop Unix Shell scripts
- Develop Transact-SQL procedures and packages
- Develop and maintain application written in C
- Support Automic Automation Workflow
- Participate in all aspects of the System Development Life Cycle
- Design, Develop and Implement technical solutions based on business requirements
- Develop new and support existing software applications
- Provide Oracle DBA and SQL Server DBA services for one or more projects
- Define, design and implement data processing streams and database architectures
- Assure efficient data flow, beginning with numerous raw data sources and ending with a highly tuned data warehouse providing web based report delivery
- Design, implement and maintain complex functions of database systems including stored procedures, transformation services, triggers
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all relevant documentation
- Primary contact for the development of logical and physical database designs
- Assists in all database functions including access, allocations, validity checks, security
- Conducts backup, recovery and query tuning
- Hybrid in-office and remote work with majority of time being remote. Candidates must currently live in the Pittsburgh region or be willing to relocate due to occasional in-office work.
- Requires a four-year degree in Computer Science/Information Technology, Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of eight years overall information technology experience. Has the experience to work, train and lead at the highest technical level of all phases of systems analysis and programming activity, including modeling language, across the full scope of software development cycle.
- Minimum of four years of experience with design, implementation, tuning and administration of large Oracle database systems
- Minimum of four years of experience with design, implementation, tuning and administration of SQL Server database applications
- Experience with the following database technologies: Oracle 12.x, Oracle 19, Red Hat Linux, and SQL Server 14
- Experience with the following languages: PL/SQL, Linux/UNIX shell scripting, Transact-SQL, C
- Experience with the following platforms: Linux, AIX, Windows
- Experience with the following development tools: Microsoft Office, Visual Source Safe, JIRA
- Knowledge and experience in all aspects of the software development process.
- Experience addressing unique issues of data architecture and data management
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks