We have a client in downtown Chicago looking for two Sr. BA contractors to support their business transformation efforts. This will go for 6+ months. Looking for a Sr. BA that has both Agile and Waterfall and can run multiple projects.
There are 8 on the team which are analysts and Solution Architects. The projects are related to Business Transformation efforts, primarily identifying requirements to support customer-centric processes.
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree required in MIS, computer science, mathematics, business or related fields or equivalent knowledge and/or work experience.
- 5 to 8 years in Business Analysis, Quality Assurance, Development, Project Management or related field.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio) and working knowledge of various tools used in managing Agile initiatives (VSTS/Jira/Rally/etc.).
- Experience with more than one software development methodology (Agile, Waterfall, XP, Lean, etc.).
- When assigned waterfall-methodology initiatives, demonstrate capability to complete business analysis on four to six mid- to large-sized initiatives at any one time. When assigned to Agile-methodology initiatives, demonstrate capability to prioritize and complete business analysis as needed in support of a two to three scrum teams.
- Demonstrate ability to persuasively communicate complex business concepts for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Comfortable communicating to mid-senior levels of management and business customers.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; able to elicit cooperation from management and other departments.
- Knowledge and experience in all phases of the development life cycle.
- Some technical skills in SQL, knowledge of development methodologies, and understanding of QA process.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to work independently; a self-initiator, versatile and assumes risk with responsibility.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of work records.
- Adaptable and quickly able to react to change.
- Strong business and stakeholder relationship building experience.
- Mentoring development team members in Agile methodologies and processes. Serves as a champion for Agile delivery methods across the department and organization.