Senior Manager Cloud Platform Services
***We are unable to sponsor for this permanent full-time role***
***Position is bonus eligible***
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking a Senior Manager Cloud Platform Services. Candidate will lead a team of solutions architects, developers, engineers, and project managers who strive to deliver best of breed custom solutions. Candidate will be responsible for managing team of FTEs and/or 3rd party contractors.
- Responsible for collaborating with business and technology stakeholders and product teams to develop and articulate the Platform Runtime vision, act as the subject matter expert in Cloud Compute discussions with cross functional technical and business stakeholders, as well as deliver and sustain the end-to-end customer experience.
- Manage, design, develop, and implement cloud compute platforms, Virtual Machines and Server-less technologies in the various public cloud providers.
- Ensure integrations in the platform runtimes are consistent across compute methods and standard for all deployments, including secrets management, logging, observability, and cloud storage technologies.
- Ensure the platform runtimes adhere to all global security policies.
- Work closely with the Platform Developer Experience team to ensure seamless integrations and handoffs between developer tools and the various runtime platforms.
- Create Platform Runtime Onboarding, Data Governance and Policies ensuring best practices and continuous improvements are met.
- Work with the Platform Adoption team to ensure viable on ramps exist to meet users where they are to ensure a smooth adoption of the new platform.
- Responsible for integrating Platform Runtime information into external firm systems including CMDB, Logging, Observability, etc.
- Work closely in a coordinated effort with other Platform Engineering discipline teams to ensure seamless integration of services in support of a friendly developer experience.
- Participate in the Architecture Review Process to help steer developers towards platform solutions whilst gathering requirements to ensure we close functional gaps on the platform.
- Lead the architecture and design of engagements implementing workflows and integrating with applications by gathering requirements, problem resolutions and providing recommendations ensuring the quality of the runtime environments is maintained and all configuration items are correct, complete and compliant.
- Bachelor s Degree in computer science or related technical field
- 10+ years of experience. Preferable 7+ years in an enterprise-level infrastructure platform role with a strong understanding of concept pertaining to system availability, resiliency, security, and recoverability across Microsoft, Azure, AWS, Cloud Services, Active Directory, VMWare, VDI, Horizon View Windows SCCM, Microsoft end user technology, and Unix / Linux knowledge
- Must have at least 5+ years of experience in managing teams in the 5-8 person range.
- Must have 5 years of experience designing, developing, and maintaining application system integrations operating in varied complex application environments, with database technologies on Cloud/physical/virtual platforms
- Experience in 1 of the primary public cloud providers is a must. Direct experience in Azure and AWS is preferable..