Title: PLC Controls Engineer
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of PLC Controls Engineer. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
- Support includes the implementation of system changes, support of daily plant activities relating to these systems, and system management including the implementation of IT standards and incident management.
- Perform implementation and 1st level support of mission critical plant floor systems. This includes a functional knowledge of all plant floor control systems used by local plants, ability to troubleshoot system issues, debug associated PLC code and hardware, manage and/or configure system servers, and configure PLC driver and OPC client interfaces.
- Configure, install, manage, and troubleshoot plant required applications, communication protocols, and network interfaces used to support plant automation systems as well as IT supported platforms.
- Perform basic hardware support of PCs, printers, and peripherals as well as local IT Security Management and user maintenance. This includes application of all IT documentation requirements and adherence to all standard IT processes.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Computer Science, Information Technology, or degree in related field. Associate's degree may be considered if candidate meets all qualifications.
- Requires 3+ years manufacturing IT experience or related experienceRequires 3+ years of plant automation controls experience (PLC).
- Requires functional knowledge of manufacturing automation control system infrastructure and software. This includes the ability to read prints and diagrams; thorough understanding of control system design principles.
- Requires a strong knowledge of control system networks and communication protocols, knowledge of all required control system software applications, and the ability to troubleshoot an array of control system issues.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan Rama Narayanan rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and /or contact at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – PLC Controls Engineer (MI).
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com.