- Linux Administration
Senior Associate, Linux Administration / Engineering
The resume of Ali is attached. We placed him in this position and he has fallen off.
SALARY: $100k- $105k plus 10%
*Hybrid 2 days in office 3 days remote
Looking for a candidate with 3 or more years Linux systems installation operations administration and maintenance of physical and virtualized servers linux shell scripting systems administrator operations support vmware environment aws large enterprise environment
• Provide advanced system administration, operational support and problem resolution for a large complex Linux computing environment, including both virtualized and physical servers
• Create and Patch AMIs, perform pull requests, write Automation code
• Perform Linux administration including changes, deletes, disk space management, application installation, and backup
• Use your infrastructure and networking knowledge to maintain cloud based infrastructure predominantly on AWS involving EC2, S3, RDS & VPC
• Use configuration management tools (primarily Ansible and Terraform) to build and maintain a hybrid infrastructure hosted both at colocation facilities and in the public cloud.
• Work directly with the development team to build supporting infrastructure for specific new application functionality.
• Run proof of concept projects on early stage infrastructure improvements to validate the feasibility of an approach, evaluate performance, and spike an implementation.
• Review and evaluate virtual and physical server performance and capacity
• Forecast system demands and recommends upgrades, expansions and reconfigurations
• Perform automated computing environment builds, site setup, user training, hardware/software installation, maintenance and support and documentation of operating procedures and processes
• Support VMware environment including changes, adding/removing systems, and disk space management.
• Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, takes appropriate corrective action and/or interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support, server recovery, and troubleshooting functions.
• Assist with development and testing of changes needed to maintain DR environment
• Use change management process
• Comply with all audit, compliance, and regulatory requirements
• Attend meetings as a team representative
• Support on call, weekend and off hours work as needed
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Extensive knowledge of Linux operating systems, Linux shells and standard utilities, and common Linux security tools
• In depth system administration knowledge and skills for RedHat Linux. Knowledge of Amazon LINUX is a plus.
• Experience with using Github or other version control tools for source code management
• Experience using configuration management tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible and container tools such as Docker
• Ability to write and maintain automation code and scripts and IaaS / Infrastructure as code, such as Terraform
• Familiarity with DevOps activities and using CICD pipeline software to deploy code
• Working knowledge of cloud components and services in AWS or Azure.
• System administration experience and knowledge of VMware and administration of virtual servers
• Grub, PXE boot, Kickstart
• Yum, rpms, Satellite server
• SVM, LVM, Boot from SAN, UFS/ZFS, filesystem configuration
• General working knowledge of NAS, SAN, and networking
• Experience with Github, Ansible, Jenkins and Terraform tools/applications
• Knowledge or experience with DevOps, OpenShift, AWS cloud, or other similar technologies is desirable
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years’ experience in Linux systems installation, operations, administration, and maintenance of physical and virtualized servers