- Network penetration testing
- scripting language
- Application testing or Game testing
Job Title: Penetration Tester
Location: San Diego, CA / Remote
Duration: 6+ Months
Xoriant reasonably expects the pay rate for this position to be within the following range: $70.00/hour-$80.00/hour.
The Information Security team is looking for a Penetration Tester to become a member of our team. The successful candidate will be an active member of the InfoSec program by supporting Studios Product Security. With so much creative talent at Company, the possibilities are many and only limited by the imagination and influence of the individual!
• Conduct penetration tests against Studios (PSS) games, game servers, websites, and internal assets.
• Work with current penetration testers on in progress assessments.
• Provide guidance and recommendations to partners responsible for security remediation actions to close identified gaps and remediation validation testing.
• Document security issues and impacts identified through offensive operations in a clear and concise manner to facilitate reporting to impacted partners
• 2-5 years’ experience in at least three of the following:
• Network penetration testing and manipulation of network infrastructure
• Web Application Penetration Testing
• Shell scripting or automation of simple tasks using Perl, Python, Go, Rust, or Ruby
• Developing, extending, or modifying exploits, shellcode or exploit tools
• Developing applications in C#, ASP, .NET, Objective C, Go, Rust, or Java (J2EE)
• Reverse engineering malware, data obfuscators, or ciphers
• Source code review for control flow and security flaws
• Proven technical background in penetration testing, IT systems and networking, along with experience implementing or assessing security in a cloud-hosted environment.
• Thorough understanding of network protocols
• Solid understanding of Unix/Linux/Mac/Windows operating systems, including bash
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
• Experience in offensive security, with the ability to think like an adversary
• Solid ability to identify and exploit security gaps/vulnerabilities on endpoint devices, applications, and networks
• Experience conducting assessments for solutions consisting of a variety of technology stacks and architectural implementations
• Exposure and understanding of enterprise solutions from a functional and security perspective
• Ability to handle parallel tasks and accurately detail resolutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Outstanding independent problem-solving skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security, or related field or equivalent experience
• OSCE, GPEN, CEH, OSCP, or GWAPT preferred
• Experience with video game cheating techniques