Title: Systems Engineering (Plant IT Network Engineer)
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of an Systems Engineering (Plant IT Network Engineer). The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to success.
This is an outstanding opportunity to be a member of the Site IT team and assist in redefining and reimagining how site IT lends support to the manufacturing team, as the site operationalizes its electrification revolution. As a member of the Plant I.T. team you will be hands on assisting the plant in producing these very exciting and new vehicles for the NA consumer market. As part of the job responsibilities, you will interface and support IT across a broad host of Infrastructure & Applications that the plant uses to produce these exhilarating vehicles. You will also lend your knowledge and experiences to support process improvement efforts toward flexible and lean manufacturing, enabling Factory of Tomorrow (e.g., IIOT, Software-defined networks, next-generation error proofing, digital broadcast, and various mobility solutions and pilots) along with supporting the legacy manufacturing execution systems within the facility. The successful candidate will be working with a global team to provide support that includes technical troubleshooting, data analysis & problem resolution for the applications & infrastructure on the plant floor and lead various efforts to ensure all responsible manufacturing applications meet productivity goals. You will also interface daily with all business departments in the plant, from assembly and industrial controls to quality and finance. This position provides an excellent opportunity to not only expand your IT Skillset, but also to acquire manufacturing experience that will enhance your long-term career potential Job.
- Support a multi-shift operation in a manufacturing plant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours in support a multi-shift operation.
- Requires rotating schedule to support business processes. (Days, nights and or weekends).
- Provide technical support (I.T. Applications, Infrastructure, operating systems, end-user-productivity tools) to plant business customers throughout the manufacturing plant.
- Interface with corporate IT and business owners to prioritize improvement efforts.
- Support Plant Floor Systems / PDO teams in resolving incidents; Provide triage and business continuity plans, support escalations, provide hands and feet to support teams and other global teams (e. g. DBA, Server Operations, Ops Control, Network Operations) if necessary.
- Focus on the integration / long term maintenance of applications and hardware.
- Assist site IT manager with managing assignments and workload.
- Develop, maintain, and share, accurate support documentation.
- Support of local network equipment in a Cisco based environment.
- Support of local servers across both physical and virtual environments in a Windows and Linux based ecosystem.
- Support of FOT deployments and expansion efforts utilizing IIIOT, iOS, software-defined network, mobile, and Android based equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task; managing multiple tasks
- Work efficiently and effectively with diverse, cross functional teams under stressful circumstances
- Ability to communicate effectively with business users and IT professionals including globally distributed teams.
- The ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience, work with all levels of management and diverse work groups, including globally distributed teams. Including the ability to adjust communications appropriately for the audience across all levels of management and knowledge.
- Motivated self-starter
- Identifying, investigating & solving problems without supervision
- Manufacturing experience is preferred, but not required.
- A strong desire to learn manufacturing operations and business practices from an IT perspective is required. Broad business and manufacturing perspective is helpful.
- Understanding of computer-based tools, computing infrastructure and interest in processes that support manufacturing is core.
- A willingness to work in a high-pressure production environment and flexible working shift is a foundation in this space.
- A willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies.
Systems Engineering (Plant IT Network Engineer) position is based at our corporate office located in Auburn Hill, MI & Dearborn, MI (Remote available). A great opportunity to experience the corporate environment leading personal career growth.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Vasavi Konda – and/or contact @(Two-Four-Eight) Seven- One-Two – Six-Seven-Two-Five (. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name - Agile Project Manager with PMP Certification.
For more information about STG, please visit us at .
Vasavi Konda| Recruiting Specialist
“Opportunities don't happen, you create them.”
Systems Technology Group (STG)
3001 W. Big Beaver Road, Suite 500
Troy, Michigan 48084
Phone: @(Two-Four-Eight) Seven- One-Two – Six-Seven-Two-Five: @