- ARP 4754
- ARP 4754 A
- DO - 178 C
- software development
- Software Engineer
Real-Time Simulation and Software Engineer for Hybrid eVTOL in North Carolina
An innovative global automotive company working on their hybrid eVTOL has reached the next step in development and requires a Real-Time Simulation and Software Engineer onsite in North Carolina. You will be at the forefront of developing and optimizing real-time simulation software for various applications, contributing to the evolution of automotive engineering and beyond. We are looking for a seasoned professional with a proven track record in real-time simulation, strong software development skills, and a passion for pushing the boundaries of technology. This role demands the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to deliver groundbreaking solutions. This work will include working with system engineering teams and system suppliers.
Travel may be required to collaborate with global research and development teams.
- Design for Development – 80%, Design for Certification – 20%
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement real-time simulation software solutions for vehicle systems, components, and performance evaluation.
- Optimize and enhance existing simulation platforms to achieve real-time performance while maintaining accuracy and fidelity.
- Develop and maintain software architecture, algorithms, and models for real-time simulation applications.
- Collaborate closely with domain experts, including control systems engineers, vehicle dynamics specialists, and sensor technology experts, to integrate realistic simulation scenarios.
- Conduct validation and verification of simulation models, ensuring high-quality and reliable software solutions.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in real-time simulation, graphics, and gaming technologies, and integrate relevant innovations into our simulation platforms.
- Maintaining good relationships and assisting in coordinating activities of the test team with other teams, including other aircraft systems teams, the Program Management team, Flight Test team, Certification Authorities, Consultants, and Suppliers.
- Support discussions with regulatory agencies and certification authorities from the USA and other countries, related to real time simulation systems.
- Maintenance and configuration control of the simulation environment to ensure milestones are achieved as planned, while maintaining team motivation and a collaborative spirit.
- 5+ years of industry experience in developing real-time simulation software for engineering applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Matlab/Simulink offline and real-time simulations, either in commercially available environments or custom environments.
- Familiarity with typical real-time / hardware in the loop (HIL) platforms, such as dSPACE, SpeedGoat or equivalent.
- Strong proficiency in programming languages such as C++, Python, or Java, with experience in real-time programming techniques.
- In-depth and current knowledge of Part 25 regulatory requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of software development methodologies, version control, and software testing practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to analyze complex technical challenges.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills within multidisciplinary teams.
- Knowledge and experience with highly integrated system development following SAE guidance ARP-4754A.
- Experience with problem/issue report processes, risk tracking and mitigation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Flexibility to domestic travel - approximately 1 week per 1-2 months and ad hoc international travel (~1 per year).
- Knowledge and experience with systems comprised of items compliant with RTCA standards applicable to aircraft development like DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, DO-331 and others preferred.
- Experience and expertise in eVTOL (electrical vertical takeoff and landing) or Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) highly preferred.
- FAA Part 25 with fly-by-wire system certification experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with aircraft certification with FAA, EASA, TCCA, and/or other aircraft certification authorities around the world preferred.
- Familiarity with vehicle dynamics, control systems, and sensor technologies is highly preferred.
Location: North Carolina (Relocation assistance available for candidates out of the immediate area)
Type: Fulltime (Onsite requirement highly preferred to take full responsibility of the real time simulation facility.)
Travel: Frequent domestic travel and ad hoc international travel.