We are seeking a solution-oriented Field Technician for an onsite opportunity in Cleveland, Ohio. The successful candidate will work an 8 AM – 4 PM EST or 9 AM – 5 PM EST shift, Monday – Friday.
A Field Technician will provide IT end-user support including:
- Interact via telephone, e-mail and one on one with customers to perform diagnostics and resolve technical problems.
- Has knowledge and experience of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the IT support industry (ITIL, MOF, HDI best practices)
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support with strong supporting documentation.
- Keep peers and management informed of trends, significant problems, and unexpected delays.
- Utilize excellent customer service skills and exceed customers’ expectations
- Ensure proper recording, documentation and closure of all records.
- Recommend procedure modifications or improvements.
- Preserve and grow your knowledge of technical procedures, products and services.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of supported customer-specific applications and hardware.
- Know and meet the account/team Service Level Agreements/Objectives and understand their effect on the business and help ensure team SLA/O’s are met.
- Understanding the scope and terms of the customer(s) contract.
- Ensure technical support training is provided in a timely manner.
- Assist in evaluating and ensuring timely implementation of new tools and processes.
- Ability to anticipate, plan, and prioritize for varying workload levels.
- Ability to work independently without supervision.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Service Desk or technical support role
- 1+ years’ of customer service experience in a professional industry
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science (Preferred) or equivalent experience
- Strong troubleshooting and documentation skills
- Active Directory Experience
- Desktop and Laptop hardware support experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems
- Basic MDM Administration (Chrome, Clever, Jamf, Intune)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong attention to detail and strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- Detail oriented
- Experience with network printers
- A+ Certification or other relevant certifications
- Sitting in a stationary position
- Will need to move about inside the office to access printers, file cabinets, and other office equipment along with interfacing with end users in person at their site location
Reasonable Accommodation Statement:
- If you require a reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to or (888) 824 – 8111.
- This email is onlyintended for candidates who need an accommodation or assistance completing the application or interview process and will not be reviewed by CAI’s talent acquisition team. All interested applicants who do not need an accommodation or assistance completing the application must apply on CAI’s career portal for consideration
It is the policy of Computer Aid, Inc.(CAI) not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of CAI to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of CAI will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged, or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.