Salary: $150k-$160k + Bonus
Location: Hybrid role, 2 days in-office/ 3 days remote in either location
Chicago, IL / Dallas, TX
**We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role**
A prestigious financial company is seeking a Software Engineer responsible for the development and delivery of business features in the front-end applications, integrating with a variety of upstream data-sources and presenting data through the user interface, all while enriching and advancing the platform
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field required. Masters preferred.
- 5+ years of Front End/ Backend Java development
- 3+ years of experience in Spring Framework
- 3+ years of hands-on HTML5/CSS3 experience
- 3+ years working in Cloud environment.
- Experience of working with websockets, HTTP 1.1 and HTTP/2
- Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON RPC
- Experience following Git workflows
- Working knowledge of DevOps tools. Eg Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Helm and CI/CD pipeline etc.
- Familiarity with monitoring related tools and frameworks like Splunk, ElasticSearch, Prometheus, AppDynamics
- Participates in code reviews, proactively identifying and mitigating potential issues and defects as well as assisting with continuous improvement
- Drives continuous improvement efforts by identifying and championing practical means of reducing time to market while maintaining high quality
- Must be a willing self-starter, independent and comfortable with a fast paced, dynamic environment
- A team player who assists the team as required to achieve collective goals & delivery milestones including knowledge-share
- Embraces and advocates for Agile best practices for software development discipline (be true to Agile Manifesto)
- Actively participates in creation and review of both business and technical user stories, providing constructive feedback and input on both work effort estimation as well as architecture/design improvements
- Integrating disparate data from REST and WebSocket services within a cohesive user interface.
- Participating in innovative design and proof of concepts with emerging technologies and solutions
- Embrace industry best practices like continuous integration, continuous deployment, automated testing, TDD etc.