Please note: This role requires someone onsite.
*** Sponsor wants candidates who possess experience with debugging platforms, HW lab equipment, Verilog coding & Python scripting ***
Sr. Hardware Engineer In this position, you will be responsible for designing printed circuit boards with Client's silicon, along with external - Vendor silicon, these projects range from full-sized mainboards to small single-purpose daughter cards.
The candidate will be part of the hardware development team, specifically supporting the product development phases (development, bring-up, electrical validation, FPGA coding, Python scripting, and customer support).
This is a small team of 15 that work in a fast-paced, warm environment.
Power circuit and high-speed design experience from concept through manufacturing phase
- Extensive and complete design experience – design, debugging, testing, validation through to manufacturing is the most important skill.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Hardware development steps including concept, architecture, part selection, schematic/layout, bring-up, FPGA coding, Python coding, validation, and documentation.
• All aspects of printed circuit board (PCB) design, including Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, PCB layout, power circuitry design, high-speed bus design, system debug, and validation.
• Tool Experience: Cadence and Allegro any version 16.2 and above.
• Experienced in developing HW products and functional blocks for more than 7 years.
• Good knowledge and skills in HW systems and the latest generation high-speed interfaces.
• Experienced in Cadence PCB design tools including Concept and Allegro.
• Experienced in the latest HW measurement equipment.
• Experienced in PCB Layout, HW Bring-up/debug.
• Good English communication skills, both written & verbal.
• Good ability to clearly present technical data.
• MS Office Suite
• High-Speed design experience. PCIe, memory DDR •
Minimum Educational Requirements:
BS in Engineering or related field, (MS preferred) and 5+ years of experience
• Candidates must be prepared to travel if needed.
The sponsor said there is a very slim chance of travel outside of Santa Clara, however, they must know it is a possibility. If there is any travel it would be to Folsom or Oregon.