- Main Frame Midrange Database Admin
Job Title: Main Frame Midrange Database Admin
About CodeForce 360
Making a career choice is amongst the most critical choices one can make, and it's important for the choice to be calculated with factors such as a company's run of success since its inception and more. But, when you come across a company that has reputation proven with nothing but an illustrious run of success since the day it began, you don't need to think of anything else. That's precisely what some of our employees and prospective employees think when they came across CodeForce 360.
Main Frame Midrange Database Admin
- A Mainframe Systems Programmer/DBA is responsible for leading and/or supporting the most complex database upgrade projects, modification, installation, testing, implementation, maintenance and enhancements of new or existing system software products.
- This classification must plan, install, configure, test, implement and manage core database products, software products in support of the County's database architecture and business needs. Special organizational or functional industry position titles for Systems Programmer/DBA include, but are not limited to, DB2 Systems Programmer/DBA, IMS Systems Programmer/DBA and ADABAS/NATURAL Systems Programmer/DBA.
- The Mainframe Systems Programmer/DBA for Legacy Systems manages different types of databases, such as hierarchical (IMS), relational (DB2), and file-based (ADABAS), and is responsible for planning and upgrading the database environments on a County-established basis; verifying the health of all the databases; database administration technical consulting for application and operations teams for the purpose of project planning/development; maintenance on production database systems; performance of technical reviews for existing systems that utilize one of the following database management systems (DBMS): ADABAS, DB2 or IMS; performance of evaluations for the purposes of selecting new or fine-tuning existing DBMS software; consultation with project development teams to provide recommendations on database design; development of logical and physical database designs; creation of overviews of logical database designs; creation of physical databases; database capacity planning; development and use of backup and recovery procedures for databases; database performance monitoring; database space monitoring; database reorganizations; database replication; database compression and database partitioning. The following technology skill sets are required to perform in this classification. IBM: Z/OS, IMS, DB2, ADABAS, SMP/E, JCL, IMS DB/DC, CICS, ACF2, ASSEMBLER/COBOL/REXX, IBM FILE MANAGER, DELTA/IMS, NATURAL/ SUPERNAT, ENTIREX, CA SPOOL, IMS & DB2 BMC Tools, N20/TRIM.
Skills Preferred: Main Frame / Midrange Databas, Oracle and Linux server environments
Experience Required: This classification must have a minimum of seven (7) years of experience as a Systems Programming/ DBA, with at least three (3) years of that experience in a lead role.
- Three (3) years of working experience within the last five (5) years configurating, administrating, and maintaining:
- Oracle Security Suite (i.e., OAM, OIM, OUD). Working knowledge of Microsoft/Azure Active Directory (AD) and implementation of data sync/recon jobs between OIM/OUD and AD.
- Oracle Fusion Middleware (FMW) 12c products (e.g., WebLogic, OHS, WCP, WCC, SOA, OSB, BPM).
- Hands-on administration experience of Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM) and familiar with different management tools (e.g., OMC, OCI O&M) in the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) environment. Experience with Java and Shell scripting.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Oracle Linux.
- Experience installing, configuring, and managing virtual machine (VM) servers
- Three (3) years of working experience within the last five (5) years, supporting and maintaining an Oracle infrastructure that serves over 1,500 users requiring access to mission critical business applications.
- Two (2) years of working experience within the last three (3) years, configurating networking servers (e.g., DNS, Load Balancer, Forwarder, Web Application Firewall) to support enterprise systems. Working experience in configurating SSL Certificates.
- Three (3) years of experience, within the last five (5) years, configuring and maintaining Oracle Products on Oracle Linux platform and/or Oracle Bare Machine platform.
- Familiar with Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) and on-premises Mainframe/Windows/Linux environments.
Education Required: This classification requires the possession of a bachelor's degree in an IT-related or engineering field.
Education Preferred: Miscellaneous/Niche/Other
Additional Information: BOS Initiative Live Scan required
How to Apply
Job ID: JPC - 142612
For more information, please contact below:
Qualified individuals will be contacted for an interview.