WebSphere Commerce Developer
12 - 18 Month Contract | (Remote) Synergis’ client, one of the largest industrial distributors in North America, has engaged us in a search for multiple WebSphere Commerce Developers to augment their growing team! The WebSphere Commerce Developer will design, develop, test, and debug e-commerce applications that are core to their business. The selected candidates will also provide experience and development subject matter expertise and maintain, enhance and provide solutions for software applications.
WebSphere Commerce Developer Background and Scope
- Responsibilities include design and development of application components in Agile environment, both web components and backend components.
- Candidate is expected to participate in gathering requirements, documenting, and designing WCS functionality and the related enhancements within the application. This includes support for application integration testing, integration development, data conversion and cut-over activities.
- Design, develop, and implement multi-tier commerce applications to support business requirements in Agile environment, both web components and backend components.
- Create and review designs and identify re-usability, performance problems and best practices for Commerce, Services and Java.
- Support the full life cycle of storefront pages, store data, store business logic, customization of WebSphere Commerce tools, and integration with back-end systems.
- Implement solutions for public facing websites based on business requirements.
- Performs unit testing prior to moving code / configuration to the QA process. Research defects and solve for root cause in applications.
- Identifies key barriers / core problems and applies problem solving skills in order to deal creatively with complex situations.
WebSphere Commerce Developer Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience (4+ years of professional working experience).
- 5+ years of strong and recent experience with WebSphere Commerce (Version 8.x is a bonus)
- 3 to 5+ years’ Experience in:
- Java development and OOD skills for large IT systems
- Web Services (REST/SOAP)
- Source control/versioning tools like GIT, SVN or CVS
- Any MVC framework (Struts/Spring)
- Experience in working on different business models of commerce (B2B, Mobile Commerce, etc.…) (Preferred)
- Experience in Agile Software Development (Preferred)
- Good Communication Skills
- Good Teamwork / Team Player
Synergis serves a myriad of clients across nearly all industries, from start-ups to Fortune 100 companies. The outcomes of these relationships are demonstrated in a growing list of more than 300 clients and industry recognition by Inc. magazine and the Atlanta Business Chronicle. From its foundation in 1997, Synergis has been successfully recruiting and placing IT professionals in all areas of information technology. For more information about Synergis, please visit the company website at hourly rate for this position is $65-95 per hour (dependent on factors including but not limited to client requirements, experience, statutory considerations, and location). Benefits available to full-time employees: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k.
*Note: Disclosure as required by the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act (CO), NYC Pay TransparencyLaw, and sb5761 (WA).”