We require a seasoned Defensive Cyber Operations (DCO) SME with a desire to actively defend the mission systems critical to our national defense.
As a mid-engineer the candidate will work with other engineers to apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
Work you'll do
- Operate with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems.
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Consult on IT and cyber defensive architecture and technologies.
- Assess assigned cyber key terrain to thoroughly understand the mission, architecture and associated threat.
- Advise on technical design and implementation of DCO capabilities required to effectively protect, detect and respond to cyber threats and attacks.
- Research cyber defense technologies for best fit based on mission, architecture and current threat.
- Design, implement, configure and/or tune cyber defensive technology.
- Author documentation to include SOPs, checklists, implementation guides, architecture diagrams, crew binders, etc. to support DCO.
- Adapt technologies to meet the mission architecture and threat.
Deloitte's Government and Public Services (GPS) practice - our people, ideas, technology and outcomes-is designed for impact. Serving federal, state, & local government clients as well as public higher education institutions, our team of more than 15,000 professionals brings fresh perspective to help clients anticipate disruption, reimagine the possible, and fulfill their mission promise
At Deloitte, we believe cyber is about starting things-not stopping them-and enabling the freedom to create a more secure future. Cyber Infrastructure is focused on rethinking how security is integrated across modernized infrastructure as cyber threats become more complex. If you're seeking a career implementing, architecting, and-in select cases-handling next generation controls to manage security risks and exposure, then the Cyber Infrastructure team at Deloitte is for you.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Active Top Secret security clearance required
- Experience using cyber reconnaissance to support a federal client
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure
- Experience utilizing software asset management
- Must be IAT III Certified
- 5 years of technical experience in cyber-defense or cyber security related fields (e.g., engineering, networking, systems integration, solutions etc.)
- 5 years of professional technical experience (these years may be in conjunction with #2). Experience years must come from at least 2 of the following areas:
- Container or virtual environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, VMware, AWS)
- In-band and out-of-band test access points for network traffic collection and aggregation (e.g. Gigamon)
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat, Kali, etc.)
- Prior professional services or federal consulting experience
- Previous Security Operations Center experience
- Experience in mobile and endpoint security
- Certifications (e.g., CompTIA Security+, CEH, CISSP)