- software QA
- test cases
- Azure DevOps
Please, no third parties. Permanent residents only.
This position will require an occasional meeting in Orange County, CA and there is no relocation assistance available.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure our software products meet the established quality standards, including reliability, usability, and performance.
- Use various testing methods to detect software failures so that defects may be discovered and corrected before release.
- Hands-on manual testing and automated testing as needed.
- Collaborate with the team to implement QA processes within the established QA standardization and best practices.
- Work as part of a collaborative Agile development team to deliver high-quality applications in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and carry out methods and procedures for manual product testing.
- Participate in all phases of software development projects to provide a quality perspective.
- Work with onshore and offshore QA engineers to communicate, distribute the work, requirements, and bug clarification, and manage defect tracking and reporting.
- Become SME on assigned applications and features and evaluate product specifications for testability.
- Develop test plans and high-level test scenarios and write detailed test cases to meet requirements and quality objectives.
- Execute tests, write bugs, track, evaluate, and report results to the development team.
- Participate in improving QA and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes, methods, and systems.
- Develop and maintain detailed automated test cases using a scalable test framework.
- Support and participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) as needed.
Skills & Requirements:
- 5+ years in software QA including hands-on experience in manual testing.
- 3+ years of experience using Selenium, UFT, or a similar tool, including writing and troubleshooting automation scripts.
- Experience in web, mobile, and API testing.
- Experience in structured testing methodologies.
- Experience with the SDLC including creating project/work level estimates based on requirements and test coverage.
- Experience in web-based application testing, including cross-browser, integration, and mobile device compatibility.
- Experience in all phases of testing, including data preparation, test case design, test execution, and analysis of test results.
- Experience in functional, regression, smoke, and performance testing.
- Experience in test writing and bug reporting tool (Azure DevOps, etc.).
- Experience working with onshore and offshore QA engineers to develop test plans, and test cases, execute all testing, and manage defect tracking and reporting.
- Experience with relational databases and writing SQL queries.
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field is preferred.
tags: software qa engineer, software qa analyst, sqa engineer, sqa analyst, test automation engineer, test engineer, sdet, software development engineer in test, software tester