San Diego, CA
$30 - $35
No Travel Required
- Implements, monitors, and provides technical support of customer laboratory IT environments, typically integrated with instrumentation
- Implements customer specified benchtop computing design and processes
- Administers and assures connectivity of customer’s Windows based platform
- Conduct and maintain inventories of client systems
- Support of the operating system, desktop hardware and peripherals, instrument-controlled software, core desktop applications and imagining of computers
- Manage On-boarding, retirement, and relocation of equipment
- Implements Windows based security, including but not limited to: user / group permissions, file / folder permissions, group policies, local security policies, etc.
- Analyzes, identifies, and implements enhancements, upgrades and/or solutions to improve the overall support of the desktop platform in a timely manner
- Ensures adherence to client’s corporate policies through periodic reporting and compliance programs
- Acts as the technical support contact for instrument vendor
- Repairing and troubleshooting instrument related computers and escalating issues to the client infrastructure teams
- Provides technical support for new system validations and change management efforts
- Create and maintain a physical inventory of lab equipment, PC’s, software, and any other information specified by the client
- Submit weekly Engineer reports to the team lead by COB on the last business day of the week
- Acts as client Liaison for software/hardware related inquiries
- Participate in client team meetings
- Provides support across all PerkinElmer Enterprise practices as required
- Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
- Excellent customer service skills complimented by an ability to listen to and interpret client requests.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex technology issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify, track and complete tasks for multiple projects under prescribed timeframes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant industry experience.
- 2+ years of technical experience including (but not limited to); Windows technologies including Microsoft Office, networking, remote computing and backup system
- Experience with scientific instrumentation
- Experience in Life Science environment
- Position is in a research laboratory environment
- Job pace may be fast and job completion demands may be high.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position more than 25% of the time
- Potential risk to lab-based hazards including but not limited to chemicals, biologicals, potent compounds, research material, high temperature, etc.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside and outside labs
- Frequently use objects, tools or controls, which will require regular bending, squatting, stretching and reaching in order to perform in a service function.
- Occasionally move or lift up to 25 pounds (potential for occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include without limitation, the ability to observe details at close range (within a few feet of the instrument/equipment), distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus in order to perform the essential service functions of this position.
- Occasionally operates a computer and other office machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
- Employee may be required to handle hazardous wastes according to local, state, and federal regulations