Title: Battery Validation Engineer
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Description: STG is a fast-growing Digital Transformation services company providing Fortune 500 companies with Digital Transformation, Mobility, Analytics and Cloud Integration services in both information technology and engineering product lines. STG has a 98% repeat business rate from existing clients and have achieved industry awards and recognition for our services. Crain’s Detroit Business named STG to Michigan’s Fastest Growing Companies list in both 2020 and 2019, Top IT Services Company’s List in 2020, 2019, 2018, and Top Minority Business Enterprise List in 2020, 2019, and 2019.
STG puts company CULTURE at the forefront of every business decision and employees are EMPOWERED and MEASURED for RESULTS. Both TEAMWORK and INDIVIDUAL Performance is recognized and rewarded.
This is a full-time position that includes responsibilities of Battery Validation Engineer. The right person for this position will have high energy, a positive attitude, and a high attention to detail, and an unwavering commitment to teamwork.
Description: The Battery Pack Hardware Validation Engineer supports creation and execution of validation plan and procedures of robust design and development of xEV battery systems and components, and their integration into vehicle system.
Battery pack validation engineer will provide technical leadership and expertise to the battery energy storage design team including Design Release Engineers, Chief Engineers and Quality Reliability Engineering. The right candidate will work closely with the battery pack technical specialist and lead Design and Release engineer to ensure all requirements are met and properly validated, both via simulations and through empirical testing for BSG, PHEV and BEV Vehicles.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering or related engineering field from an ABET- accredited/equivalent university
- Minimum of 5 years in product engineering design, development and/or testing
- Good understanding of automotive OEM hardware validation test procedures, including:
Working knowledge of test apparatus and sensors, including:
- Electrical current
- Experience in problem solving, including fault detection/fault isolation
- Strong technical research and writing skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Google Suite Experience
- Strong Presentation Skills
- Ability to work Flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed.
Resume Submittal Instructions: Interested/qualified candidates should email their word formatted resumes to Ms. Rama Narayanan at rama.narayanan(@)stgit.com and/or contact her at 248.712.6731. In the subject line of the email please include: First and Last Name – Battery Validation Engineer (MI).
For more information about STG, please visit us at www.stgit.com