As a Business Data Analyst, you will provide technical support for an integrated administrative management information system and companion products such as other software and web applications that interact with the ERP system (e.g., document imaging, portals, payment gateways). Through continuous communication with all levels of the organization, you will match business requirements to ERP system functionality, addressing gaps through process and/or software changes.
This is a direct hire, full time position, including excellent benefit package
Location: Hybrid (South Central, WI)
Salary: $70k to $90k
- Develop an understanding of the business processes and how the ERP system can enable those processes.
- Act as a champion in identifying, developing, and implementing best practices across multiple channels within the organization.
- Assess business capability gaps, identify scope, and elicit business requirements to define a capability to the process or a system to be built that satisfies the needs of cross-functional users/stakeholders.
- Document new functional requirements and continuous improvements to existing processes, leveraging native business system functionality as much as possible.
- Interface with both the business area and the appropriate reporting and analytics group, including IT, business intelligence and website teams to identify requirements for reporting and analytics.
- Review system updates and guide the business area in the creation of a test plan for new development. Perform validation tests of desired functionality and provide testing support for all business system software to include testing specific customizations, testing of new software releases, and general testing.
- Support the day-to-day activities of the business area by troubleshooting business system issues that are escalated beyond the departmental subject matter experts.
- Create or assist with writing process documentation and standard work documents. Update standard work documents to reflect new and improved processes implemented in large scale deployments.
- Work with business and technical areas to set, change and communicate priorities amongst competing constituents, projects, and resources.
- Provide back-up to the ERP Systems Manager for ERP software and system issues requiring “on-call” support, and emergency response issues.
- Document and analyze processes by working with departments to identify required business process changes and to devise technical solutions that support their needs.
- Operate in a team environment to support information technology solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity for the College.
- Work closely with departmental staff to examine existing business models and flows of data, discuss findings, and design an appropriate, improved IT solution.
- 4 years of experience facilitating business process improvement and implementing software packages, or management information systems implementation or a combination of the two. Experience should include working with and implementing administrative software, including integration with independent applications, and working with teams on implementation and technology projects.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to develop queries and reports, export and import files, and use sorting, pivot tables and subtotaling functions.
- Understand business processes and leverage technology to optimize them.
- Strong working knowledge of SQL; working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze business processes and develop best practices and workflow specifications.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with a high degree of accuracy, establishing priorities, multi-tasking, and setting/meeting assignments and priorities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to identify business needs and translate them to IT-related solutions.
- Ability to coordinate with vendor and client stakeholders for all technology upgrades and patches.
- Knowledge of ETL and Reporting tools such as IBM Cognos or Blackboard Analytics, or related systems.
- Ability to automate the business solutions using Automic.
- Knowledge of and experience with project methodologies such as Agile project management.
If you are interested, apply today! Please include up-to-date contact information on your resume so we can get back to you.
Smart Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer functioning under an Affirmative Action Plan.