MDMS is recruiting for a Head of Infrastructure & Engineering for a financial services firm based in the Milwaukee metro area. You will be responsible for overseeing the firm's core systems and technical teams, driving infrastructure systems and processes, leading system evaluations, and driving technical programs. You will be a member of the organization's leadership team and will help drive the strategic technical direction of the firm. You will oversee teams and systems focused on Data Centers, Operating Systems, Network/Storage/Servers, Cloud Services, Distributed Engineering, and more.
Please note that this is a hybrid role (3 days per week on site). Fully remote work is not available.
- 10+ years of IT experience, including experience leading technical teams and systems at an enterprise level.
- Knowledge of system/software engineering processes and standards.
- Experience developing technical strategies related to Distributed Systems Technologies (network, storage, systems, applications).
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, strong presentation skills and analytical skills, and leadership skills (with prior management experience).
- Understanding of capacity and performance parameters and thresholds for mission critical high availability systems.
- Understanding of SIFMA regulations, ISO 9001, and ISO 2700.
- Thorough knowledge of IT infrastructure and change management methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Technical certifications such as CompTIA, Cisco, ITIL, etc.
- Bachelors in IT, Computer Science, or a related field.