Google DriveMicrosoft Office SuiteTechnical SalesMicrosoft OfficeMicrosoft TeamsOutlookRFEMC DirectivesRF TESTINGOffice SuiteTEAM BUILDINGDEVICE TESTING
Role of Sr. RF Test Engineer
Be a key member of the lab leadership & testing team, directly reporting to & operating as an extension of the Executive Lab Manager in RF. Work closely with lab supervisor, and support Technical Sales Team.
Key Value Added Contributions Include
- Helping to lead the lab, under Lab Manager, from the area of RF
- Leadership or leadership-in-development candidate (This is a leadership role with multiple career paths open forward); leadership qualities & desire to be a leader.
- Strong ability to perform testing to standards on a wide variety of devices
- Strong ability to help support, troubleshoot & develop junior test engineer team members
- Support Technical Sales Team in validating correct test standards & collaborating to generate test plans, estimate project hours.
- Help lead or organize ongoing quarterly tech trainings
- Help lead lab team to best prepare clients for projects
- Understanding of how various devices need to be set up for testing
- Record proper time entry on projects, to support accurate project P&L data
- Ability to answer the majority of questions, in depth, with respect to our test scope.
- Detailed knowledge of FCC parts 15b, 15c, 15e, 22, 24, 27 (and equivalent Canadian rules), good knowledge of FCC parts 18, 30, 73, 74, 87, and 90 (and equivalent Canadian rules). Other rule parts a plus.
- Good knowledge of EU RED and EMC Directives and associated standards (especially with regards to the areas covered in the FCC rule parts above). Basic knowledge of industry associations such as GCF, PTCRB, CTIA, Wi-Fi Alliance, BT SIG, LoRa Alliance, etc. a plus.
- 4-6+ years minimum prior RF Testing experience at an actual Test Lab similar to ours, testing various devices & standards
- Ability to legally work in the United States of America.
- High detail-orientation
- Strong & concise communication skills
- Tech savvy; not only in the lab but using business tools like Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, Zoom, Calendly, etc.
- Accountability & Integrity
- Positive attitude, someone who is looking for a long-term home .