- What is the mission of the program/contract? This requirement is for NSWCPD Division 51, which supports DDG-51 FLTI (Flight), FLTII, FLTIIA (Legacy, Modernization and New Ship Construction), FLTIII & HED (Hybrid Electric Drive), Modernization and Obsolescence Machinery Control Systems (MCS) DDG 51 Class ships, Cybersecurity and Information Assurance (IA), DDG-51 Integrated Bridge Controls (IBS) Systems and Fuel Control System (FCS).
- Performs engineering work concerned with the design, evaluation, planning, testing and operation of electrical, electronic, mechanical, and/or computer components, equipment and systems for commercial, government, military and/or scientific uses.
- Analyzes customer requirements and provides technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Maintains equipment and/or systems integrity while ensuring compliance with policies.
- Coordinates the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Provides guidance and leadership to less-experienced engineering personnel.
Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science (BS) Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineer or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited program.
- Five (5) years of professional experience within industry as a systems, electrical, and/or electronics engineer
- Two (2) years of professional experience within industry acting as a lead engineer
- Three (3) years of professional experience troubleshooting hardware/software systems
- One (1) year of professional experience reading electrical schematics.
- One (1) year of professional experience troubleshooting network based systems.
- Minimum of Security + certification.( can be obtained after on boarding)
- Possess current SECRET clearance
Additional / desired Requirements:
- Experience with hardware design, research and development and manufacturing.
- Experience with the Navy Systems Engineering Process.
- Experience developing Machinery Control Systems requirements.
- Experience with various types of interfaces: RS232, RS435, Profibus, TCPIP, ethernet.
- Knowledge of embedded CPUs.
- Knowledge of JIRA or Confluence.