audio engineeringCrestonCrestron DMPSCrestron Fusion RVAudio VisualAVStreaming MediaLecture CaptureUnified Communicationsevent productionCiscoDSP
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Classroom & Academic Computing; the Support Technician is responsible for the support, maintenance, user training, operation, documentation and security of AV/IT systems located in campus-wide learning environments, conference rooms, & specialty rooms.
The hours for this position are Monday-Friday from 7am-3pm.
- Works independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision. Has decision making authority while onsite at client locations.
- Provides excellent customer service and maintains good relationships with clients and department/school administration.
- Support and maintenance of AV/IT systems to include computer hardware, digital and analog media presentation systems, audio visual hardware and software, audio engineering and configuration of audio DSP technologies, network enabled devices, digital signage, conferencing technologies, lecture capture technologies and related equipment located in existing facilities.
- Provides technical support locally, remotely, and via the telephone.
- Provides Level 1-2 support for the eRoom service line.
- Provides support for other teams as needed.
- Responds, records, and communicates pertinent technical information via the incident management system and responds to system alerts for multiple hardware/software issues.
- Provides event production support for special events.
- Provides occasional weekend and off-hour support based on customer needs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ related experience.
- Knowledge of AV/IT Systems including hardware, software and system integrations including Crestron DMPS control systems and Crestron Fusion RV.
- Knowledge of server-client system hardware, software and integrations.
- Ability to move or lift items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Completes work on time and to expected standards. Must be self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including nights and weekends.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external personnel.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work weekend and off-hour work when necessary.
- InfoComm CTS.
- Crestron DM Certified Technician (DMC-T or DMC-T4K).
- Crestron CTI-Fusion-I.
- Knowledge of Lecture Capture, Streaming Media and Video On Demand systems including Kaltura, Mediasite, Echo360, etc.
- Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications systems.
- Familiarity with Shure, Sennheiser, Revolabs, Biamp, Crown hardware and software including Dante.
- Basic understanding of network protocols and configurations.
- Previous experience in higher education.
- Basic understanding of PC, Mac, & printer hardware and software.
- Microsoft MTA, MSCA or MCSE
- Cisco CCENT
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Veteran
Columbia University is committed to the hiring of qualified local residents.