iSphere is looking for a hands-on Java Software Engineer with experience in risk development projects and exposure to the Commodities industry for a full-time opportunity in Houston, Texas. Working on solutions for trading and risk users, you should have knowledge of market data and an understanding of its use in modelling and pricing for risk metrics and reporting. You must be passionate about technology and have experience developing Java-based, enterprise-wide solutions.
The successful candidate will be adept at partnering with end-users to elicit requirements, analyze problems, design solutions and lead teams to deliver tangible business value & benefit.
This role will be working on a multi-year program of work developing a brand new greenfield risk platform, ensuring they meet architectural and engineering best practices and guidelines.
You should have a delivery focused background in Agile environment, and a desire to identify and develop strategic solutions, whilst also constantly looking to challenge status-quo to bring your own ideas and strive for improvement.
- Hands on development role
- Work closely with business users to understand processes and capture requirements
- Actively seek to identify and drive improvements and innovation
- Acquiring business knowledge and system knowledge to further individual development
- Represent and promote client IT, both internally and externally
- Strong core Java knowledge and development expertise
- Hands-on Service oriented technologies experience
- Experience with DevOps tools
- AWS or Azure exposure and understanding of how it can be utilized in a hybrid environment
- SQL and relational database experience
- Web development using modern frameworks like ReactJS desirable
- Commodities or Financial Services background
- Understanding of forward curves, volatility surfaces, pricing and risk metrics